Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Aqua Summer 2013 Aqua 18 and 20 swatches and review



Today I have for you Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge in No. 20 and No. 18. I have already reviewed No. 16 and you can read it here


Left to right: No. 16, 18 ad No. 20
I love my existing Aqua Rouges but No. 18 and No. 20 is proving to be a bit of a hassle to apply. I find the lighter shades to apply patchier than the more pigmented shades. I needed to fuss with it with my lip brush for a while before getting an even layer. They do look better after I have applied the given gloss over them. After food, it is very obvious that the colour is uneven on my lips. I fix that by applying more gloss and it looks better. 

The trick with applying the lighter shades is to ensure that you moisturize your lips well before application. I find that if I applied my lip balm before hand and gentle wipe away the excess, it applies better.

Here I have No. 18 on my lips. Although it appears as a baby coral shade, it pulls a little pink on me.




Here is No. 20 on my lips. I'll be honest, it is my least favourite shade because it clashes with my tanned skin. I feel like Barbie doll wearing it. You are only going to see lip swatches. I cheated. I wore it with a bare face. I did not use this to accompany a look because I do not want to go out wearing it. I bet if you are lighter in skin tone perhaps a NC25 and below, you would probably be able to rock this shade. It is just not me.




Honestly I don't know why the performance of the Aqua Rouges vary between the dark and bright colours as opposed to the lighter colours. I definitely choose the brighter and darker ones over these.

Here is a picture of all my Aqua Rouge together.



Ratings: 2 lipsticks


Disclaimer: Products were provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

5 comments:

  1. I like the look of all those colours, what a shame about the variant in performance though, its always annoying when that happens x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Clare, it makes me so wary of pale shades.

      Delete
  2. Waaaaaa..nice lippy colour!!
    but it's weird that MUFE has different performance on their lipstick pigmentation. >.<'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elrica, I was really hoping that these would apply just as we'll as the fuchsia I tested in my earlier post.

      Delete
  3. hello
    I am writing blogger
    I want to follow you
    If you would like to follow me

    this is my blog

    http://makyajbulvari.blogspot.com/

    This is the YouTube channel

    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAdNcDuJcTxK5vYNTGRyJkA

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.