Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Aqua Summer 2013 Aqua Creams 52 and 53 swatches and reviews


I have here Aqua Creams in 52 and 53 for review. 

(Information taken from the Make Up For Ever website)

The Aqua Cream is an ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream. Highly concentrated in mother-of-pearl pigments, it provides an immediate color intensity with a luminous finish.
Its long-lasting formula will not crease or smudge under the most extreme conditions.

These are really lasting on oily lids. Aqua Creams feel creamy to the touch. They blend really well but they set very fast so you need fast fingers. I owned a few Aqua Creams before, you can see my review of them here. They do become drier in texture after some time (I noticed mine mecoming drier after about 8 months) so you need to make sure you cap them tight and cap them immediately after each use. When they become drier, it becomes harder to blend as well.

No. 53


No. 53 is a minty light green shade.

No. 52



I love No. 52 best. It is a beautiful jade green infused with gold.


I did a look with No. 53 on the inner corner of my eyes and No. 52 on the outer corner blending in. I topped it with my trusty Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in black and some mascara. This combination survived 5 hours of dance and pole exercise without budging.




No. 52 and 53 are great shades for summer. If you are not used to wearing bright colours, these can also be used to line your lids like a cream eye liner. If you have oily lids like mine, these are great budge-proof shadows. I wish I could do something to stop them from drying up and that they didn't set so quickly.

These sell for SGD $39 each.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

You can find these at the Make Up For Ever counters at all Sephora outlets and the Pro Loft in 36 & 38 Armenia Street.

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

6 comments:

  1. nice review, dear... i like the color and seems like a great product!

    Anyway, I followed your blog, hope you can follow back, too!
    Thanks!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mint green! It's so spring appropriate. I think this will be a good shade as a base for green smokey eyes too!
    You look great and I love the lip shade on you! :)

    Meryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shades are SO fun--so fresh and vibrant for summer! I don't wear really bright colors like these on my eyes but your pics make me WANT them so bad!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca just try a little colour closer to your lash line. I think greens are the loveliest and easiest to incorporate into your everyday look.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.