Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Aqua Summer 2013 Aqua Rouge 16 swatches and reviews


These are some products from the Make Up For Ever Aqua Summer Collection 2013 generously given to me to try from the lovely tribe at Make Up For Ever. Thank you so much ladies!



The first thing I played with were the Aqua Rouges which I am in love with. You can read my previous post and see some other swatches over here. These are what I reach for when I know I have a dance performance up or when I want something that will last the whole day without me fussing over my lips.



Left to right: No. 16, 18 and 20.
Guess which is my favourite?

Just to recap, the Aqua Rouges come with two ends. The colored pigment on one side and a clear gloss on the other side. The coloured pigments dry to a matte. It is best to prep your lips by making sure it is well moisturized. 

I grabbed my favourite which is No. 16 to try out. As you can see below, I have lined my lips with my Aqua Lip 16C (I bought this) which is a perfect match for the Aqua Rouge 16. I prefer using a lip brush to apply my Aqua Rouges to make sure my application is precise. You can see here that the colored pigment applies matte and does look a little patchy if you don't apply it evenly.



Top to bottom: Aqua Rouge 16 and Aqua Lip 16C

I let the coloured pigment dry before I apply the gloss. When the gloss is applied, it covers up all the patchiness and immediately looks glossy and juicy. Throughout the day I only needed to reapply my gloss once. I wore this out for 7 hours for my dance classes. It lasted through an oily lunch, a stick cinnamon raisin danish, juice and many drinks of water. The colour faded  just a tad and somehow it looked even better.

I have to warn you though, these Aqua Rouges are tenacious. Nothing will remove them unless you use an oil based makeup remover to take it off. I apply generously on a cotton pad and press it onto my lips for a while. It gets rid of most of it but my lips still has a pinkish stain. I then use my oil based makeup remover for my face and use the remnants to massage onto my lips area. That removes the Aqua Rouge completely. After removal, my lips still feels fine. There is no peeling or chapping on me.




If you are looking for bold and long lasting colour. You should check out the Aqua Rouges. SGD $39.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Products were provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

4 comments:

  1. oh my!!! what a gorgeous shade! it looks perfect on you! I want it! now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, out of the three, this is the shade that I love best on me.

      Delete
  2. OOOO my God this shade is SO awesome! I might wait till autumn/winter to pick up a more daring shade from the line-up to try though. For brighter summery shades, I don't really mind reapplying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pick the brighter and darker shades Sunny. Somehow the lighter ones apply patchier even though after I apply the gloss, i can't see that it is patchy.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.