Friday, July 19, 2013

Sponsored Post: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation No. 5 swatches and review




Today I am going to introduce you to Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk foundation. I have been a big fan of Giorgio Armani foundations for quite a few years now. I own quite a few of them but have not truly tested the Luminous Foundation before. I was so happy to have received this and a Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer (to be reviewed later) to try.



The Luminous Silk foundation features a revamped package. It definitely looks better than the old bottle. There is no change in the amount of product.


(Taken from the press kit)

MICRO-FIL™ LIGHT TECHNOLOGY
Luminous Silk Foundation features exclusive Micro-fil TM Light Technology with micronized pigments, pearls and spherical fillers to assure that colors remain pure and textures weightless for infinite blending and layering. Airy oils allow easy application while a mineral gel provides evenness, hold and luminosity. The Luminous Silk formula is enriched in Glycerin, giving 8-hours hydration and extreme comfort to the skin.

Textile-like fluids inspired by the luxurious fabrics of the runway. Each is as soft as the finest silk, as radiant as organza. The weightless, cutting-edge formulas mirror the impeccable fit of a made-to-measure garment, fusing with the contours of every face for smooth, all-day coverage.

LUMINOUS SILK FOUNDATION
Radiant. Weightless. Legendary.
Light-perfecting, Luminous Silk Foundation’s weightless, gliding texture was inspired by “charmeuse” silk, the “Fabric of Emperors” known for its unique luster and thinness. Draping the face like a caress to correct and unify the complexion, bringing out the skin’s natural glow. The fine, translucent Micro-fil TM texture allows easy layering, offering just the right amount of coverage and color for a flawless complexion.

A bestseller since its creation in 2000, Luminous Silk Foundation is a multi-award winner, and was named the number one foundation in InStyle magazine’s 2012 “Best Beauty Buys”.



Honestly when I received shade No. 5 I was a little dismayed. It is way lighter than what I normally wear. I'm between a 6 and 6.5. But who am I to complain? I was given this so I tried to make do with it.




I used only a slightly more than a pea-sized amount for my whole face. I used my Sigma Round Top Kabuki F82 to buff the foundation into my skin. The coverage is sheer to medium. It does not mask my acne scars or sun spots but gives me a my skin but better look. It feels lightweight on my skin and holds up well under the humidity. I took a 15 minute walk to the bus stop at 1 p.m. There was no shade whatsoever. I was sweating by the time I reached the bus stop. At my destination, I checked myself in the bathroom mirror and I was glad that the foundation held up well.



These are the few Giorgio Armani foundations I own. My Face Fabric foundation is not featured in the post though. Incidentally I own two different shades of Lasting Silk foundation. It is a long story, if you want to hear it, leave me a comment!


My first love is Lasting Silk foundation which gives me an all matte finish and holds up relatively well when I had seriously oily skin.

I have since managed to control my oil slick of a face and currently have normal to slightly oily skin. Luminous Silk holds up well on my more manageable and less oily skin. I find that I only need to blot my face after 4 hours. Even then, my face was softly glowing, not an oil slick. 

I seriously can't tell the difference in terms of finish when comparing the Luminous Silk and Designer lift though. They feel the same to me.

From the right to the left. Luminous Silk No. 5, Lasting Silk No. 5.5, Maestro No. 5.5,  Designer Lift 6 and Lasting Silk No. 7





I am so happy to see that there are a total of 9 Luminous Silk Foundation Shades. I have always been complaining that some makeup companies only focus on certain skin tones when in fact Singapore being such a multi-racial society with ladies of a wide range of skin tones. So ladies I am sure you will find a shade that will be perfect for you.

If you have normal to slightly oily skin, I think you will love this foundation. Coverage is lightweight not mask-like so you will look like you have natural softly glowing skin.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

The Luminous Silk Foundation will be available in Singapore on 1 July 2013 exclusively at DFS Galleria Singapore for SGD 73.

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

10 comments:

  1. This looks like a very nice foundation. Too bad the shade was not accurate but it looks very nice though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen, so long as I don't get a tan I think I can safely wear this as a sheer coverage foundation. :)

      Delete
  2. I like how it looks on you! I've always heard great things about Armani's foundations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drama my dear you have to try them, they are really good.

      Delete
  3. Luminous Silk and Designer Lift are very similar in my opinion. I opted for designer lift eventually as it has a matching shade with my skintone. I love GA foundations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly if I don't use a lot this shade works well on me. I'm wearing it everyday because I love how lightweight it feels on my face.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, it looks like they have quite a large shade selection! That always makes me happy! I haven't tried this one yet. Maybe I have a small tube of the previous formulation, but I can't remember if I tried it or how I liked it. Would love to check this one out though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always for many shade selections. You have to try this Sunny, I love the finish and lightweight feel.

      Delete
  5. Im in a sheer phase! This looks absolutely divine Jacq! And it sure looks good on you :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.