Monday, July 22, 2013

Sponsored Post: Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer Crystal Shine Gloss No. 202 Brown swatches and review




(Taken from the press kit)

A new global approach through the Shape & Shine Memory Technology – patent pending

This new technology is based on the synergy of two polymers and a crystal clear base:

The shape memory polymer forms an extremely supple, flexible and crystalline network that always keeps the surface of lips smooth. Moisturizing oils, pigments and pearls are now micro-connected in an
adapting smooth surface. 
The crystal shine polymer with transparent oils provides a translucency formula base to heighten the pigment clarity. Light not only reflects at the surface of the lips, but also infuses the texture from within to deliver
higher color luminosity.
Therefore, the same amount of pigment and pearls can provide higher color intensity and luminosity without feeling heavy or sticky. The new science of color brightness.

The supreme sensorial experience: Flash lacquer contains an exclusive combination of velvety paste and emollient oils that ensure extreme softness at application and a long lasting supreme comfort with an enveloping sensation.

A flawless result through a unique applicator: the Flash lacquer’s velvet applicator is so precise that just a single gesture achieves a perfect result. Impeccably shaped and angled, it hugs curves, beautifully following volumes to define contours instantly and effortlessly.

A collection of 27 brilliant colors in three effects and statements of chic.
Linda Cantello - International Make-up Artist for Giorgio Armani Beauty- interprets Giorgio Armani’s art of color crafting in 3 stories of 27 shades: a shade for three different states of mind, a shade for every mood and every atmosphere.

LACQUERS
Shades created with lacquered pigments for enhanced color purity. From the perfect red carpet shade #400 to the most glowing beiges. Pure sophistication. This season’s must have, the Flash lacquer #523, is the new
Armani fuchsia.

ENAMELS
Pretty pastels and rosewoods created with a high proportion of fine pearls. These milky micronized glass or mica pearl have no ashy undertone and a transparent reflection. Shades from cherry blossom, to spring corals. Light wood hues. A subtle touch of freshness.

MIDNIGHT SHIMMER
Strong rich mineral colors blended with exclusive interferential pearls that reflect light in different colors and directions. Shimmering ruby and precious gem colors bring a daring chic. The signature midnight Armani shimmer, black pearl #701 is a touch of glamour. Creating optimal reflection for a high shine lipgloss.



I have for you today Giorgio Armani's Flash Lacquer in No. 202 brown which is part of the Midnight Shimmer range.



If you know me, you would know that I favour lipsticks over lip glosses. I own very few lip glosses and am not inclined to buy any. I prefer my lip products pigmented. I am pleasantly surprised by the Flash Lacquer. It is quite pigmented but still allows my natural lip colour to peek through. I would have to say I like this a lot. I have been using this the day I received this. When I want an understated lip and focus on my eyes, I find myself reaching for this. 

I also use this over my too light pink lipsticks (after my beach vacation, some of my pink lipsticks just don't fit my skin tone) to make them wearable on me.



The wand is a flexible slanted doe foot which makes application very easy.



Brown may not sound very exciting but it looks like a my lips but slightly darker and better shade. The thing with lip glosses is that they don't last on lips. It is the same with this. After a meal, it disappears. However, it is not drying at all, it feels very comfortable on my lips. It does feel tacky though. I don't enjoy my hair sticking to my lips when the wind blows but it is a minor inconvenience.



There are a total of 27 shades. 



I am very keen on the pink Flash Lacquer featured on the model and the following shades.Coral No.301 and Black Pearl No. 701.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks


Flash Lacquers are available at Giorgio Armani counter in DFS. SGD $43.

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

6 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous with the lipgloss on jaq .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kaslyn, thanks. These has made me a lip gloss convert.

      Delete
  2. it looks so natural on you! I haven't tried them yet. I always wear my hair up so and I kind of like sticky lip glosses (I'm a weirdo) so I will definitely check them out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caise. So you like sticky glosses, that's cool. Which are your favourites?

      Delete
  3. Oh you're lucky Jacq!
    I've been trying this armani flash on the counter and almost bought it but I hold myself :)
    but it's oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to get my hands on a pigmented pink and hopefully a coral.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.