Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Rimmel Glam Eyes HD 004 Green Park Swatches and Review


Dear Ruby from Miaka's Life and Loves gifted this pretty palette when she was in Japan. Don't you just love the greens in the palette?


(Information taken from Rimmel website)

Multi-reflective pigments eyeshadows for colour that looks perfect under any light. Unique 4 shade pallet for vibrant & intense colour. Velvety, creamy formula blends effortlessly. Use dry for a subtle or luminous look, use wet for even greater colour impact! Wears up to 10 hours!



The Union Jack design is very cute but honestly not very practical. I found it very difficult to pick up the number 1, 3 and 4 shades with my brush. In the end I resorted to using the sponge applicator given.


The texture of the shadows are soft. They crumble slightly when I run my sponge applicator over them. They are also very shimmery. I don't really like them dry because I find the pigmentation sheer but when applied wet, the pigmentation becomes stronger.

Here is an eye look I did with the palette with the addition of my Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Stash and Eldorado.




Well they are pretty decent for a drugstore brand but I think I standard 4 pan design would have been better. I like the colours in the palette and prefer to wear them wet. I think if there varied the textures of the shadows, it would be better. Perhaps a matte shade? I love shimmers in my shadows but overall I find this palette slightly too shimmery for me. I wouldn't be running out to get these.

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. I have not touched the same palette that Jolyn gifted me. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how greens look on you :) Gorgeous..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! I love greens too, what gets me going is a pigmented jungle green shade.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.