Thursday, July 25, 2013

Paul & Joe Lipstick N No. 30 Belle Epoque swatches and review


This was a lovely gift given to me by Ruby of Miaka's Live and Loves. She knew I love coral lipsticks and gave this to me to try. This is my very first Paul & Joe lipstick.




First up, the packaging is super cute and pretty.



It looks very pretty in the tube and when applied it becomes at sheer and glossy coral shade. To be honest, I like my lipsticks to be on the opaque side but I do sometimes use sheer ones for my non makeup days. (Even on my non makeup days I need a glossy lip to ensure I don't look like a zombie!)



I love how it feels on my lips. It is emollient and hydrating. It keeps my lips supple throughout the day. I find it quite sheer though so I use a lip liner with more colour underneath and make it stand out more.

If you love sheer lipsticks, please check these out.

Tracy from Tracy's Beauty Blogosphere has some amazing swatches and she swears by them.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. Jacq, P&J lipsticks are extremely moisturising for dry lips (even better than Chanel Rouge Coco shine). The only drawback is indeed the pigmentation.

    Tracy was the one who introduced this range of lipsticks to me. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so good to use on my PE days. I don't look like death and scare all the little kids!

      Delete
  2. such a beautiful shade! I like sheer lipsticks and this one has a cute packaging:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't generally like super sheer lippies but this is growing on me.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, lucky you! I normally prefer more pigment, but when it's SO warm I reach for sheerer lipsticks. This looks like a great one for coral fiends ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed very lucky Sunny to have such wonderful friends.

      Delete
  4. Wow I love sheer lipstick! It's suitable for your daily look with a bolder eye make up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Meryl, sheer lipsticks go so well with smokey eyes.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.