Monday, July 1, 2013

NARS Satin Lip Pencil Majella Swatches and Review




I have here for you Majella. You know I cannot resist red lipstick so I had to own this. Majella is a beautiful deep red colour.


I struggled to have a crisp precise line. I have shaky hands so I need another lip pencil to line my lips. As you can see I didn't do a great job. With red lips, I prefer precise lines.



This is the eye look I did using Laura Mercier's Caviar Sticks in Rose Gold and Sand Glow to accompany the red lips.


The stuff I used for the day.




I wore this out for a gathering with the "West Side" bloggers and after that for my pole class. I only had to reapply it once before my pole class. I managed to get Majella on my buddy pole spotter and she couldn't remove the lip stain off her arm even after using a wet wipe. This is how tenacious the Satin Lip Pencils are. I made sure I moisturised my lips well before application so I didn't feel that it was drying on me even after the day was over.

I have for you comparison swatches with some of my red lipsticks.




From left to right: Nars Majella, Burberry Military Red, Burberry Brick Red, Giorgio Armani 400, Guerlain and Chanel La Fascinante.

Anyway here is a picture of the West Side bloggers. Hehe yup we all live in the west.



Majella is an awesome red to have. Though not as moisturising as the other more expensive brands, it packs a mighty punch with its staying power. It is worthy of any red lipstick hoarder.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

18 comments:

  1. such a nice shade! I love your winged eyeliner:) you look beutiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. You made my Monday so much better. Kiss!

      Delete
  3. Perhaps you could use a lip brush or a q-tip to line your lips, not necessary with the pencil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joyce :) why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  4. The red looks smoking hot on you!! loll at West Side Bloggers.. hahaha I live in the West too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are part of the West Side bloggers too Luna. Thanks babe.

      Delete
  5. Ahh look at Majella on you! So dang pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny, you should try this colour, you will totally rock it.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.