Thursday, July 4, 2013

Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks Sandglow and Smoke Swatches and Reviews



I am officially addicted to the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks. I can't help hoarding these. I have for you today Sandglow and Smoke. Sandglow is a newer release whereas Smoke is from the existing lineup of Caviar Sticks. You can't imagine how happy I was when Laura Mercier came out with lighter shades.


Sandglow is a light taupe shade with golden shimmer and Smoke is a basic matte black. I have said I wanted to try a darker shade. All the Caviar Sticks are smudge proof on me so I wanted to see if a darker one would be too. I am happy to report that yes they are. Smoke held up really well for me throughout the day without smudging or creasing. I love that these do not set fast. This gives me time to blend them.



Sandglow not blended on my lids.


Sandglow blended with my Hakuhodo J220G brush.




Added Smoke at on the corner of my eyes and blended inwards.





The products I used for the day.


The bottom line is Caviar Sticks are definitely worth trying. The work wonderfully on its own or as a base for loose shadows as well. They are crease proof and smudge proof on my oily lids. There are very lovely colours which makes it really difficult to just pick one.

These sell for USD $24 cheaper than the Bobbi Brown ones. May I suggest you buy them online because the mark up here is quite high.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

11 comments:

  1. Sangglow is gorgeous! I wonder how it compares to Chanel Moon River

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sand glow is much warmer whereas Moon River looks to me like a silvery grayish taupe. I'll take pics if the side by side and post on Instagram the moment I get some time.

      Delete
  2. I have been eyeing these and trying my very best to resist the temptation haha! Erm, where can I get them online? :P

    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mandy, you can get them at Nordstrom or Saks Fifth. They are my favs. Rosegold if you want an all over lid colour, Sand Glow is also a great neutral.

      Delete
  3. Lovely shade! Sandglow looks very pretty on your skin dear! I can see how much you love Laura Mercier's caviar sticks. Now you are making me wanna get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl my dear, I'll loan them to you next time we meet, you can try them then.

      Delete
  4. Sandglow is gorgeous! I definitely want to give that one a try!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah, yes please do, it's one of my favorite shades to use.

      Delete
  5. hi! did you used smoke as an eyeliner? have you found your hg eyeliner? thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! did you used smoke here as an eyeliner? have you found your HG eyeliner? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jeng, I didn't use this as an eye liner because its just to thick and unwieldy for me. I like my eyeliners to have a crisp sharp line. As a cream shadow I would say yes HG material.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.