Sunday, July 7, 2013

Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer No. 6 Swatches and Review


I own three Fluid Sheers already. I bought them way back in 2009 so you can check out my reviews of Shimmering Beige No. 2, Amber No. 11 and Golden Beige No. 10. They are very fluid and have amazing texture. When I saw new colours coming out I knew I had to get more. I was torn between No. 5 a peachy shade and No. 6 a coral. In the end I went for the coral shown here.

Best Things in Beauty has some of the new fluid swatches. You can also find some on The Beauty Look Book.



The new packaging for the fluid sheers look so much better than the old ones in my opinion. They still come in glass bottles but now I am able to see just how much product I have through the semi frosted glass.


It still comes with a pump. I have to go easy on the pump because one full pump gives me way too much product. Usually less than half a pump will suffice. 

Comparing this new bottle with the old one, I definitely prefer this one. This pump is so much easier to control. I always get too much product with the old bottle even when I am very careful when I press the pump.



Just look at how it glistens! Don't worry though, it doesn't turn me into a disco ball, the shimmer is quite subtle.


This is how it looks sheered out.

I apply it two different ways. When I used my fingers and tap the product on my cheeks and then buffed with my Sigma synthetic blush brush, I get a more obvious flush. All I need is two drops of the fluid sheer tapped onto my cheeks. I can actually use this after setting my face with loose powder. It does not affect my foundation. This is my preferred way.

For a sheerer and subtle application, I pump a few drops onto my palm. Use my Sigma synthetic blush brush to go over it and apply and buff onto my cheeks.



Here is how No. 6 looks on my cheeks. I used two drops for both my cheeks and they lasted the whole day. I didn't even need to layer it with powdered blush. It looks glowy and summery.




Lips of the day: YSL Rouge Volupte Shine No. 12 Corail Incandescent 
Some of the products I used

USD $59 is a hefty price to pay for 30 ml of product. I justify to myself that these are excellent quality and the colours just gorgeous. What say you?

I do see myself owning a few more. Right now No. 5 and No. 9 look very tempting.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

9 comments:

  1. I saw these a while ago, but I don't know what to think! I've never tried a liquid blush, and I'm a little unsure. I do love how this looks on you, and maybe I should take a closer look at it! Also, Corail Incandescent is SOOOO perfect on you! WANT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love these Fluid Sheers Sunny. The best part is you can mix them up. For example I can blend a highlighter shade with this coral shade for a lighter shade. I can also mix fluid sheers with my foundations with extra oomph and glow. You must try these Sunny.

      Delete
  2. Lovely shade, looks really nice on you and the lip colour looks fab. I used to have quite a few of the fluid sheers so should really pick up some more since they have expanded the line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha it's Replica right. I finally get to address your real name. Nice to meet you Clare. The bottle itself is such an improvement. I always had issues about pumping too much. What shades did you own? I had a lovely highlighter shade and a bronzer too. I love to mix and match them. The is a number 5 that is a tad too light for me but might work on your skin. It's a lovely peach shade.

      Delete
    2. When I signed up to google + it wouldn't let me use Replica, so here I am :)
      I owned quite a few but my favs were #2 and #7 from memory. I'll make a note of number #5, thanks x

      Delete
  3. it looks amazing on you! I have to check them out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise you will love these, you can mix them to customize your own colour.

      Delete
  4. This is the product that I highly raved! Too bad I didn't get this one too! It looks very nice on your face. Subtle glow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, Uby gave me some No. 5 to try, I've been mixing 5 and 6 together. Love how it looks too.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.