Sunday, July 28, 2013

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush No. 2 Washed Rose swatches and review


The next item up from Project Swap is a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush called Washed Rose. I have only owned Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks before so this is a wonderful opportunity to try their powder blushes.

(Information from Bobbi Brown website)

Silky formula glides on smoothly and evenly. Shades can be used individually or assembled into our palettes (sold separately). Apply on the apples of cheeks using the Blush Brush, blending up into the hairline, then downwards to soften. Finish with a pop of brighter blush, applied just on the apples of cheeks.

There are a total of 5 shades available.

Coral - Soft Coral
Flame - Deep red shimmer
Pink Coral - Warm pink
Pink Sugar - Light pink with gold
Washed Rose - Warm rose shimmer






Washed Rose is exactly what is described with perhaps a hint of mauve. The shimmer is very obvious but strangely doesn't show up on my cheeks. It doesn't highlight my pores. This blush is very pigmented and I can only use my MAC 187 Duo Fiber Brush to apply this. Any other blush brush would give me clown cheeks.



Bobbi Brown Shimmer blush are very long lasting. It lasted the whole day and three hours of dance classes. So that's pretty amazing in my standards.

You know what, I'm a snob so I wish the packaging was a little nicer. Although I must say the small black plastic square makes it easy to tote around.

It costs USD $25. 

I don't think I'll purchase any Bobbi Brown blushes just because I'm such a big snob but for anyone out there who wants a great quality blush that doesn't cost the Earth and the Moon, this would be a great choice.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

13 comments:

  1. Not a fan of the shimmers but the color is pretty similar to the Shiseido one I have. It looks like a natural flush on you, nice! I've heard good things about BB Bronzer but I'm currently on a makeup ban. *don't think don't think*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you Joyce, I can never go on a makeup ban, I have not self-control at all.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ruby babe thanks for allowing me to play with this.

      Delete
  3. BB used to be my favorite cosmetics brand, unfortunately its quality has become much worse:(
    it looks beautiful on you!
    (and I wish I could get it here so cheap:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I haven't been buying anything from BB too. I have not found anything really interesting from them.

      Delete
  4. Thats a nice colour on you, I have to say the visible sparkle in the swatch scared me so its good that it doesn't translate on the skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be scared of the visible sparkle too, that's the fun thing about playing with other people's makeup, you get to try stuff you normally wouldn't without having to waste any money.

      Delete
  5. Wow I love this colour, the shimmer is so pretty and the colour is so gorgeous! I know what you mean about Bobbi Brown packaging is a little too functional looking and plain - I find Bobbi Brown and MAC packaging a little plain. Have you tried Bobbi Brown illuminating bronzing powder? They have some glimmery, blush shades in there like Maui and Antigua (which have been on my to-buy list since forever but not bought yet since I can't finish my existing blushes) which have a slightly nicer, round, compact packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love this colour, the shimmer is so pretty and the colour is so gorgeous! I know what you mean about Bobbi Brown packaging is a little too functional looking and plain - I find Bobbi Brown and MAC packaging a little plain. Have you tried Bobbi Brown illuminating bronzing powder? They have some glimmery, blush shades in there like Maui and Antigua (which have been on my to-buy list since forever but not bought yet since I can't finish my existing blushes) which have a slightly nicer, round, compact packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fiona I usually stay away from any blush that is too shimmery, I tend to look more oily than glowy. I have not tried the bronzing powders yet though. I've been telling myself to stop buying new stuff but I can't help myself so good on you for having such good self-control.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, I totally cringed when I saw the swatch, but I'm glad to hear the shimmer doesn't show up as shimmer on the cheeks! I think Bobbi Brown makes fair blushes, but you're right about them not being the best of the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess when it comes to blush I spoilt. What is your favorite blush? I still reach for my Chanel and Burberry mostly.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.