Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sponsored Post: Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Cream Review



I was given a tub of Origins Plantscription Anti-aging cream back in January when I attended a Origins Blogger Workshop. I have been using it as a night cream since then and I thought it would be high time I reviewed it for all of you.




(Information from the press kit)



It is a high-performance face cream that helps address four major signs of skin aging by: visibly reducing lines and wrinkles, lifting, smoothing texture and reviving bounce. Featuring new Raspberry Plant Stem Cell Technology and the collection’s signature anti-aging ingredient African Anogeissus, the highly-effective cream visibly reverses the signs of aging. 



I am using this as a night cream rather than a day moisturizer because unfortunately I feel that the cream texture is a tad heavy for my oily skin. From the months of January to now my skin has been going through changes which resulted in the onset of huge pimples and very oily skin. I have since addressed the oily skin issue but sadly my pimples are still popping up. Because of this, I felt that the cream would be too heavy for my skin.



This moisturizer is absorbed easily but unfortunately it feels slightly tacky on my face . My skin does look a little shiny after application. 

I sleep in an air conditioned room which isn't the best thing for my skin. I suspect my skin isn't hydrated enough even though it is oily. So when I use this my face feels soft and supple the next morning. It also has a soothing scent as well.

I have since stopped using this because I am having serious pimple issues. I don't think this cream would be right for me at the moment. I have passed this to my mom who has normal matured skin. She is using this day and night and she loves how soft it makes her skin. She however concurs with me that it the Plantscription cream feels slightly sticky on upon application.

I think Plantscription Anti-Aging cream would be wonderful to use as a day cream for normal to dry skinned individuals. But for problematic skinned people like myself, perhaps it would be better as a night cream.


Ratings: 3 lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. Hey Jacqueline, I'm sorry to hear this didn't work out too well for you! It looks more like something I'd use at night. I'm OK with richer products for bedtime, as long as I wake up with good skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I just can't get past the tacky feel especially in our humid weather.

      Delete
  2. it sounds like a perfect cream for my mother! her skin is dry to normal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely more suitable for drier skins.

      Delete
  3. Have you tried anything from Caudalie before, Jacqueline? It sounds like you have oily but dehydrated skin, which is what I was struggling with for a while. Several months ago, I started using Caudalie's SOS Serum and now, my skin is happy as a clam! :P It's a very light, refreshing serum that works really really well to re-hydrate the skin but it doesn't make my VERY oily skin feel greasy or heavy at all. It also doesn't break me out ever (which is great because I already have acne-prone skin but lately, my skin has been really acting up!). You should try it if you have a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dee for your suggestion. I'll hunt it down. Currently I'm using the La Roche Prosay Effacular products for sensitive and acne so thankfully they are working well for me. My skin is calmer now.

      Delete
    2. I am using the Effaclar Duo too. I actually started using it because I was trying to find a replacement for my beloved Epiduo gel (a prescription treatment that contains benzoyl peroxide, like the Effaclar, and adapalene. LOVE that stuff!) because I ran out of it and don't have insurance at the moment :/ Of course that's another story...I do like the Effaclar though. It definitely helps clear my breakouts but I do find it quite drying, even for my oily skin. I find that the Epiduo left my skin looking much nicer--clear but also really smooth and even. *sigh* I miss it. :P haha

      Delete
  4. My dear Jacq, I'm sorry for being MIA in your comments. I wanted to write in response to your post on how you go into makeup, but I couldn't find the words and then it felt like too much time has passed. Ridiculous thinking, huh? Yeah. I'm nuts. So, I'm biting the bullet and saying hello again. And bowling you over with a great big hug. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.