Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sponsored: Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Primer No. 5 Review



I already own the Make Up For Ever HD Primer in No. 6 which is the flesh toned version so I was pleasantly surprised to find No. 5 in my bag of goodies which the people at Make Up For Ever generously gave me to try. 

You can find my original review here. Just to recap, I wasn't wowed by the primer much because I still had very oily skin in the beginning of April even though it did smoothen out my skin and made my foundation stay put on my face. My face became oily after about 2 hours and I needed to blot quite frequently. There is still a synthetic sweet smell that I didn't really like but thankfully it goes away very quickly.





No. 5 and No. 6 side by side
Unblended
No. 5 is a white that blends away and leave me with a brighter looking complexion. I use a pea size drop on my face and that is sufficient for me.

I decided to take the 1 Minute Airbrush Transformation when I went to Gardens By The Bay one Sunday morning. I didn't want to go bare faced but knew that I would be sweating buckets under the hot sun.

For the 1 Minute Airbrush Transformation, these are the steps: 


Step 1: Apply HD Primer 
Step 2: Apply HD Powder with the Kabuki Brush 



My bare face! I look like I just woken up.


After primer and some HD powder, a dusting of my Dior Coral Glow blush cum bronzer, lipstick and eye liner. I look more decent.



Anyway with my current skin condition (I have subdued the oily monster) it lasted the entire trip which included running out in the hot sun and sweating. I didn't bother to touch up and it still looked good.

It confirms what I said in my previous review that this  primer is more suitable for normal skins or slightly oily skins. Now that I no longer have oil issues, I am enjoying the primer more.

I paired it with all my foundations to see if it works well with them. I'm glad to report it does. It helps all my foundations stay put and gives me a smooth finish. It works extremely well with my Make Up For Ever HD foundation. My base is flawless with a slight glow. That is what I choose to wear out most often these days.

Make Up For Ever HD Primer sells for SGD$67. It can be found at all Sephora stores and the Make Up For Ever Pro Loft.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.