Saturday, June 29, 2013

Out and about at Satay By The Bay


I love my Friday date nights with DH. As much as I treasure being together as a family , I treasure the quiet times I get with my DH so that we can talk about adult things and remind ourselves why we love each other so much. Being together for so long (we had our 10 year anniversary a few years back) sometimes we are at a loss of what to do on Fridays. We try not to stay at home. Instead we love to venture out to places to have dinner. I have been wanting to visit Satay By The Bay since I heard about it so we decided to visit last night while to haze is still quite moderate.

Over at the satay stalls, they had kiddy height tables and chairs, we just couldn't resist sitting there although to be honestly it is quite uncomfortable after a while. No tight skirts please!

Cam whoring in the process!


There were many sparrows nearby and I was amazed at how close they were to the patrons. The moment patrons left their tables, the sparrows would swoop down and pick at the food. They were actually picking at the satay sauce which were quite spicy. DH said that birds don't have taste buds so they can't tell if it is spicy.

Cockles with sambal belachan
Chilli Kang Kong

Pork, beef and mutton satay

Sambal stingray
Some of the dishes were hits and misses. We loved the stingray and kang kong best. They were flavorful and   had a good spicy kick. The cockles were dry and the satay too. We will probably try another store next time.

We took a walk down to Gardens by the Bay and I was testing out the night scene mode on my new camera. I was pleased with some of the pictures.

Singapore Flyer
The following are the Super Trees found at the Supertree Groove. Every night they have the OCBC Garden Rhapsody which features music and lights. Really pretty.










We ended off our date night with a lovely raspberry panna cotta at Bakerzin. I ate it all!

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pics of an amazing evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe you've been married that long! The colorful lights of the Supertree reflect the sparks between you two. That's the vibe I get from the post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joyce, sometimes I can't believe it myself that we are married for so long. :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful day you had!! =D the museum looks amazing. I love strolling around museums and looking at the architectures and art! And what a way to indulge! the ice cream and food :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.