Friday, June 28, 2013

NARS Satin Lip Pencil Yu Review and Swatches and Nordstrom Haul


There is no stopping this online makeup addict I tell you. I bought more stuff! 


Check out the awesome Nordstrom gift with purchase. I died and gone to heaven.



The first things in my shopping cart were the NARS Satin Lip Pencils. They came out in Singapore quite a few weeks back and I was bombarded by gorgeous swatches. My favourite local bloggers have amazing swatches and reviews of them.

Checkout:
Makeup Blogette's Yu and Majella

I have a hard time limiting myself to two pencils. I also wanted Luxembourg but I thought I would try out two first. God forbid if I didn't like the formula. 




I am featuring Yu today. It is a bright blue based shocking pink shade. I don't really have steady hands so I find it a challenge to line my lips using the tip of the pencil. I still prefer to use a slimmer lip pencil to do the job.

It is very pigmented and as the description says it has a satin finish.




I wore this out for my Saturday dance classes. It lasted through two peanut butter sandwiches, a Starbuck's Mocha and many sips of water. I only reapplied it just once. At the end of 6 hours it was still going strong.

I do have a tiny rant though. It isn't as moisturizing as I hoped it would be. After coming home and removing it my lips felt a tad dry. I could also still see faint pink stains even after using a makeup remover for lips.

It sells of USD $25 or SGD $37.

I am still over the moon with this lip pencil because Yu is such an amazing colour. The lip pencil is also very handy although product is bound to be wasted due to the sharpening of the pencil.

If you intend to just buy one pencil, it would be just easier to get it at the NARS counter at Tangs but if you intend to splurge and get more perhaps you might want to order them online. The price difference is about SGD $7.

Ratings: 4- lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jacqueline, eee so exciting! Another haul!

    I LOVE Yu on you! It's another color on my Satin Lip Pencil wish list. I have Lodhi and I really like it, though I did read it's a more moisturizing one in the line-up. Still, Yu is SUCH an awesome shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, these are hoard worthy. Currently I have Majella, Luxembourg, Yu and Lohdi in my stash. I love how long lasting these are. I forgive them for being a little dry. Knowing you are a red lip fan too, you have to check out Majella. I'm doing a review of it in the next post.

      Delete
  2. I totally forgot about Tangs... I spent about 3 months in Singapore. Those malls are like a maze! Great review!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah, our malls can be like that. They link to each other and basically you can stay in malls the whole day without seeing the sun! You should have visited Tangs, its a beauty addict's dream come true. I'm trying to stay away because every time I visit I tend to spend way too much.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.