Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lunasol Nature Colour Eyes No. 05 Nature Colourful



(Information taken from the Lunasol website)


A four-color eye shadow set that captures the most beautiful scenery of the Earth in a simple palette.

"Nature Color Highlight," a highlight color in a new formulation, adds a succulent radiance and clarity to the eyes. The layering of color produces an amazing gradation of tones with a moist luster.

The colors stay clear forever, with a deep nuance to please the eye.




I have to tell you the truth, I am not particularly in love with Lunasol palettes. Dear sweet Elaine first introduced me to them when she passed some of her beloved palettes to play with. You can see them here. I do understand why many people like them. The palettes often have shimmery and soft colours and are easy to use.




See what I mean, soft and shimmery.


I applied the pink shade all over my ids and the butter cream yellow shade on my brow bones.


Then I packed the lavender shade on my lids to above my crease.


I used the brown shade on the outer corner of my eyes.



I wore this for my dance classes and did notice a little fall out of the shimmer under my eyes after about 5 hours. 

It is a pretty palette but just not my cup of tea.

Ratings: 2++ lipsticks

15 comments:

  1. Lunasol is famous for netural (brown/beige) shades and soft looks. You might like those palettes better. Their last few collections also see tremendous improvement in their formula and texture. Do give Lunasol another chance if you have the opportunity. (Their cult palette Beige Beige is a personal favourite)

    Btw, how do you like GA Sheer Fluid in #5? Is it pigmented enough to be used as a blush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear, I Googled the beige beige palette. It looks very nice. I own GA #6 instead of #5 and I have to say #6 pigmented and lovely to use.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for leaving me a comment. The colours are pretty I admit.

      Delete
  3. beautiful colors:) though it's too bad that they all are soo sparkly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caise, if only they were more pigmented with less fall out.

      Delete
  4. Hey Jacqueline, this doesn't really look like what I'd like, either. It's just so... light and shimmery! I know a lot of Japanese eyeshadows are like this, but I'm so used to more pigmented stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pampered Sunny, I want my eye shadows to be pigmented, finely milled with no fallout. I also like my packaging to be a little more subtantial. Other than Suqqu and Shiseido I find most Japanese brands to be light and shimmery. Have you heard of Addiction? It seems like a great Japanese brand too.

      Delete
  5. I love the look of the shades in the pan but I totally get why you don't like them, I hate fall out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drama, yup especially with dark eye shadows right?

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! With dark shades I always do my base last, I really don't want to have glittery powder all over my foundation.

      Delete
  6. I'm with you about Lunasol - I think this brand needs a big overhaul! Their products are same-y and lacking color payoff and staying power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jamilla, thank you for leaving me a comment. :) Honestly the Lunasol palettes I have played with don't inspire me.

      Delete
  7. I always stop by the Lunasol counter, test the products, but stop short of buying because they are just to shimmery.

    Only own the blush brush and eyeshadow brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jyoan, thanks for leaving me a comment. honestly I don't even stop by the Lunasol counter but I've been telling myself one of these days their blush brush will be mine. How do you find their eye shadow brush?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.