Sunday, June 16, 2013

Burberry Light Glow No. 09 Coral Pink Swatches and Review


New releases from Burberry are few and far in between so when something new comes out, I'm literally all over them. 

Coral Pink is part of the new two permanent blushes that have been released as part of the spring 2013 collection called Siren Red. You can see my guerrilla swatches of the two blushes and lip glosses over here

Let me just talk about Hydrangea Pink which is also an equally breath-taking blush. But somehow I just feel that they are both very similar in tone and colour, it is just that the intensity is different. Coral Pink is slightly warmer and less intense. I am personally wary about wearing Hydrangea Pink because it looks very easy to overdo. So for once in my life, I was actually very sane and clear headed at the counter and managed to walk away with just one blush. I need to pat myself on the back now. Hehe.







I just love Burberry blushes. They are pigmented and finely milled. Yes there is a fragrance, some people don't like it, I do.



This is an intense blush colour for me. I can't use my Koyudo blush brush because it picks up way too much pigment for this blush. Even my Hakuhodo blush brush picks up too much pigment. So for this blush I use my trusty old MAC 187 duo fiber brush.

I like my blush to be softly sheered out. I'm not used to having a lot of colour on my cheeks so I hope you are able to see Coral Pink on my cheeks in the picture below. I had to actually tissue some of it off before I left the house because it just looked too much.



I kind of feel like Coral Pink is the much neglected sister as compared to Hydrangea Pink. It is a lovely blush to give you that healthy spot of colour. Burberry blushes are really long lasting on me. I love that they are matte because they don't emphasize my pores. Big thumbs up!

Take your time picking this up since they are permanent. For SGD $63, it is worth getting. 

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

15 comments:

  1. Lovely shade it really suits you, I skipped these as thought they would be too intense on my skin. I'm looking forward to their fall collection though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why you skipped these Replica. The only thing that interests me in the fall collection is the Oxblood lip cover although I must say I'm a little grossed out by the name.

      Delete
  2. Looks great on you! Goes very well with your lipstick too - what colour are you wearing? Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janice, thanks for leaving me a comment. I was wearing Chanel Rouge Cocoshine in En Vogue. I love that colour.

      Delete
  3. it looks amazing on you! I always have to over apply blush for pictures because it doesn't show up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caise. Therein lies my dilemma I do my fotds when I'm going out so if I over apply I look too made up to go out. I find lip swatches the easiest to do, they show up well.

      Delete
  4. I went to swatch these recently but for some reason didn't purchase in the end.. not sure what I'm waiting for though.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps for a newer better blush to come along? Have you seen the Chanel creme blushes? I must own at least one.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to wait and see, but I have a feeling the Chanels are going to come home with me... eventually =)

      Delete
  5. Definitely a good pat on the back for not picking 2 blushers. I was tempted too but think u have a good choice with Coral Pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh Tracy, I'm been very subdued when it comes to Burberry lately.

      Delete
  6. Ahhh nooo stop tempting me, Jacqueline! I let Coral Pink pass because at that time I was afraid it'd be too intense. Now I'm feeling a bit more at ease with pigmented blushes, and this looks WAY. TOO. GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take your time to collect Coral Pink Sunny, it's not going anywhere.

      Delete
  7. Thumbs up for Burberry blushes for me too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.