Thursday, May 30, 2013

Visiting a baby FOTD

Last month was a month for babies. My sister in law just welcomed her first baby and he is a darling little one.  I also visited another friend's baby. For the Chinese, parents usually celebrate the first month of the baby's life by inviting friends and family to visit.

You know what, I'm very scared of picking up newborns because they are so fragile. I get worried about hurting them. Strange considering I had my own baby. So whenever I'm offered to hold the baby I decline. I prefer holding them when they are bigger.

Did you know that when my DS was born, my DH was the one that taught me how to pick my own son up? For the longest time, I had nightmares of dropping my DS.

Anyway, he went from for this at 12 days old to the bottom picture at 3 months. My DS really bulked up. He was a premmie and only weighed 1.6 kg when he was born. Can't imagine right?






On to make-up matters. I had been ignoring my Burberry eye shadows for new make-up so I thought it was high time I gave them some loving. Revisiting them always remind me of how I fell on love with them in the first place.


Here is my look. I applied Porcelain all over y lids and placed Pale Barley on my lids up and over my crease. I used Midnight Brown on the outer corner of my eyes and blended inwards. Then my standard black liner and mascara.



I topped that with my Burberry Lip Velvet in Fuchsia Pink.


My somewhat stunned look. You say what???



I went an almost all Burberry look but I couldn't resist using my Giorgio Armani Face and Cheeks Duo Palette. It goes so well with red lips.


Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

  1. You're not alone, Jacq. Other than my own sons, I don't dare to pick up or carry infants.

    On to makeup, I was also thinking about how neglected my Burberry shadows were this morning when I woke up!

    Btw I was looking at the closeup pic of your eye makeup when I suddenly wonder how you would look if you just line the outer 1/3 of your lids (ending with a wing) and tight line along the entire lash line. Have you tried this before? If not, can I give you a "challenge" to try it? ;) Oh, pls say yes, for the fun of makeup! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear how many boys do you have? Challenge on my dear! I'll do that this Saturday :)

      Delete
    2. Just 2 my dear. ;) Great! I'll keep a lookout for your EOTD. :)

      Delete
    3. Nonno, I tried out your suggestion and I have to say a big thank you! I love the look. It is subtler than a full on black liner but I still get my winged liner. Thanks so much for such a wonderful suggestion! Kiss!

      Delete
  2. Your lipstick is perfect :D Suits you well!
    Aw, your boy is adorable. I've picked up babies and newborns my whole life. My mom runs a daycare business so when I was younger, I got so used to it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, wow that must have been an interesting experience. Handling babies is a very useful skill. Does your mom still run a daycare centre. How was that like for you?

      Delete
  3. DS looks so cute!! I wanna pinch his cheeks, haha.

    i love this shade of lipstick on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bring him over so you can pinch him all you want although now not so pinchable. :)

      Delete
  4. awwww so cute!

    I really like your winged eyeliner:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caise, he was so small the shirt was too big for him.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.