Friday, May 3, 2013

Tom Ford Lip Color 04 Indian Rose swatches and review



I knew I wanted a Tom Ford lipstick but did not get around to getting one until recently. The lovely Mag at Makeupstash spoke about Pink Adobe a beautiful brown pink. I was deciding between that and Indian Rose. I swatched both at the Tom Ford counter at Tangs and decided that Indian Rose would be more suitable for me. 

This costs SGD $70. I paid USD $48 which works out to about SGD $59. I paid about $3 for shipping so I'm pleased that I got this for slightly cheaper.




The casing is just gorgeous. It is a heavy chocolate brown metal casing. There is a satisfying click when I close the cap.







Indian Rose is a pinky brown like Pink Adobe but it has more pink in it and is a tad brighter. It is a very wearable everyday colour. It has a vanilla scent which God forbid reminds me of a MAC lipstick!!!


It is a creamy lipstick with an opaque finish. It feels heavier in texture as compared to my favourite Burberry Lip Covers. I would have preferred it to have been more lightweight. It was neither moisturizing nor drying.

I'm not sure why but other than the lovely casing I don't feel that the lipstick formula is that special. 

I'm not sure how I can explain this but when I apply my Burberry Lip Covers or even my Suqqu Creamy Glow lipstck I get a sense of wow when I apply it. The Tom Ford lipstick just didn't give me that sense of wow.

If I was going to spent a lot of moolah I rather splurge on Suqqu lipsticks.


Ratings: 3 lipsticks

17 comments:

  1. I paid for mine €45 and I definitely prefer D&G lipsticks to TF ones..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried a D and G lipstick yet, which DG lipstick would you recc?

      Delete
    2. well I don't have too much experience with D&G lipsticks but I own this one http://wade-ashore.blogspot.pt/2012/06/dolce-gabbana-voluptuous-lipstick-100.html I've recently re-discovered it and I really like it:) I'm going to Spain in two weeks and of course I had to google which high end brands they have (I still want to try out Burberry lipsticks) and I'm going to buy more D&G lipsticks:)

      Delete
  2. I get the same disappointment as you on Casablanca and would very much prefer Burberry lip cover to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Sigh well i had to find out for myself.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree it's not as luxurious on the lips as its pricetag! I much prefer some other brands. And I'm a big TF fan. What a bummer, because that color on you is very pretty, Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bellyhead, I had wished it was a better formula because I totally dig the dark brown casing. I love TF in general too, I think their eye shadows and blush are awesome. Are you getting anything from the summer collection? I'm eyeing Escapade but they are sold out at Saks!

      Delete
  4. Indian rose is a nice nudish pink on you Jacq. And btw thanks for your honest review, it really makes me think again whether I need to spend that much for this lipstick. I have heard that the formula is good but not amazing in any way so I should really think about it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meryl, I think you can get a better lipstick for a lesser price tag. I would love to try a D and G one next.

      Delete
  5. I notice you favor neutral colors with a hint of color. The new Chanel Allure rouge I've got is pretty good, and the formula is smooth and DOESN'T accentuate chapped lips. It certainly WOW-ed me XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce you know my tastes :) that and red lipstick. Which Chanel shade did you get my dear? Yup the Chanel lipsticks are better than this.

      Delete
  6. I love this nude pink on u! Cos of my darker lips, its so hard to get shades to show up like this on me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy I don't go for nude lipsticks either because of my pigmented lips. I need my lipsticks to have a little bit of colour so I don't look like death. Indian Rose has enough colour in it for me to pull off.

      Delete
  7. Hey Jacqueline, I'm so sorry to hear this is a meh for you! I love my first TF lipstick, Diabolique from last year's holiday collection. It packs SO much pigment and it's so undeniably glam. I got True Coral a while ago and it didn't knock my socks off. The color is fab. but I wish the formula would be more moisturizing especially considering the amount of slip it has. Oh well. Maybe this will put a stop to my TF lippie spending ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny you said it right, it didn't knock my socks off. I think Indian Rose will be my one and only TF lipstick.

      Delete
  8. What a stunning color from TF!! I'm a big fan of TF cosmetics <3 thx for the great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laetitia, me too although not so much their lipsticks. I can't wait to get my hands on the new cream eye shadows. What about you?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.