Monday, May 6, 2013

Sponsored: Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate Review


When I was asked whether I wanted to try out the new Lancome Genifique I jumped at the chance. I bought my first bottle of Genifique way back in 2009 but only got to review it here in 2011. Being a  fickle and faithless beauty addict that I am, I have since moved onto to other serums to try out. So it is good to be back again with an old friend who has some new bells and whistles.




(Information taken from press release)


Inspired by 14 years of research in gene science and 9 patents covered until 2029, Lancôme’s new Advanced Génifique repairs and activates 10 signs that define a youth­ful-looking skin. Enriched with a biotechnology derived ingredient and exclusive self-loading dropper, each drop now delivers almost 40% more active ingredients than before. Fresh and more wrapping than ever, it absorbs instantly to create a replumping, cocooning sensation, leaving the skin soft-as-silk with fullness, firmness and bounce. See it, feel it, visible results in just 7 days.
New Formula with additional Ingredient (additional probiotic)
• Repairs and activate 10 signs of youth
• New Enveloping Texture (Wraps your skin like a cocoon, Absorbs really fast, leaves skin soft as silk)
• New Exclusive and Patented self-loading dropper
• Each drop now contains 40% more active ingredient
• Produces 25x more youth proteins as compared to current version





The packaging looks almost like the old version. Glass bottle and dropper with the exception of the nifty self-loading dropper which I cannot figure out. How did they do that? Do keep your precious bottle in a safe place. I dropped my old bottle of Genifique and the glass dropper cracked into a gazillion pieces. I still had product left and being a cheapskate that I am I refused to throw it away. I had to carefully pour out the contents and make sure I was not rubbing glass fragments onto my face. The things I do! I'm so embarrassed.



I must say I love the watery texture of Genifique. My face sucks it up greedily and there is no oily residue.

I think I have said this many times but I will have to say this again. I believe skincare products need to take time to work its magic. In order to have good skin, you need to eat right, rest well, use quality skin care products and be blessed with non-problematic skin. The amount of time I have used Genifique is still short to see the full effects but I can give you my impressions. That's all.

I'm currently using this in conjunction with my anti-blemish products. I have been using Genifique for more than 2 weeks now. I am at a loss to describe the state of my skin right now but I will try. I just recently had another bout of pimples (I am so frustrated!). The area around them is a disaster. Other than Clindoxyl (pimple cream) I avoid applying anything on those areas. I apply Genifique to my unaffected areas. I notice that those areas look brighter and my pores around the nose area look smaller. My skin feels soft and well taken care of. I wish I could say that about my whole face. Sigh!

I can't wait to see how my face will look in another month's time and hopefully this time without the pimples.

I would gladly buy Genifique after this bottle finishes.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

Advance Genifique will replace the current Genifique and would be available island-wide as of 1 May.
There is a complimentary island-wide 7-day trial sampling campaign in May and June.
20ml - $99 * limited edition, new recruitment size
30ml - $130
50ml - $170 * limited edition, loyalisation size
75ml - $210
Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

3 comments:

  1. Babe, you can try applying Genefique over 1 of your pimple b4 your acne cream. I noticed my pimple subside faster if i apply Genefique over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying that now Ruby, thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  2. Does anyone know what kind of glass the dropper is made out of? I didn't see any fragments when I broke mine, but after I put it on, I worried that there was a possibility that what I did was harmful. Any thoughts on this? Would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.