Sunday, May 12, 2013

Shiseido Maquillage Eyes Creator 3D GY 867 swatches and review



I am featuring yet another makeup item from Project Swap. The Shiseido Maquillage Eyes Creator 3D in GY 867. What a mouthful and trust it to the Japanese to come up with interesting names. It is not just an eye shadow palette, it is an Eyes Creator!



Maquillage is part of the Shiseido group. I think you can only get Maquillage in Asia but correct me if I'm wrong.

I have to let you know that I'm not a big fan of Japanese brand eye shadows except for Suqqu. My impression of them is that they are mostly sheer and subtle glittery colours.

Of course there are exceptions. I hear great things about brands like Addiction. Shiseido itself has great eye shadows too.

My preference are pigmented eye colours that are more satiny than glittery.

Anyway when I first opened up this palette, the first thing that caught my eyes was the middle shade taupish grey shade. It looked kinda sexy.




Middle shade



I was impressed by the finger swatches. They looked great. I love the dark brown cream shade too.

Here is how I use the palette.


Beige gold cream shade all over the lids.


Patted the champagne shade all over the lids to above the crease. I found this shade to be glittery.


Added the taupe grey shade on the outer corner of my lids and added some of the pearly white shade on my brow bones.


Next I added the dark brown cream shade on the outer corner of my eyes. I found that it didn't apply well over the powder shadow. I should have added the dark brown colour as a base before applying the taupe grey shade instead. I also don't think the dark brown makes a really great eye liner either.


Finally, my trusty black eye liner and mascara.


Suqqu lipstick in Asasuo.


Here is my overall look.

I'm not in love with this palette. Unfortunately. It is kinda too subtle for me. I was happy with the finger swatches but somehow the pigmentation did not translate to my lids. 

I can see how ladies who aren't into intense shades might find this palette easy to use. After applying the cream shades I found that it smudged and affected the longevity of the powder shadows. I also suffered from some glitter fallout.

A check with the Maquillage website shows that a new series of eye shadow palettes called Tue Eye Shadow. I think Eyes Creator was part of their 2010 to 2011 range. I'm not sure if you can still find this at the counters. It cost SGD $69.

I rather spend my money on a more pigmented palette. Give me Burberry or Tom Ford any day.

Anyway here are alternative views of the Eyes Creator done my Makeupstash and Rouge Deluxe.

Ratings: 2 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. I understand what you feel dear. Japanese makeup products are mostly sheer and lack of pigments. I like glitters but lately I tend to pick metallic/satiny eyeshadow lately.
    Anw thanks for this post, it reminds me of a macquillage palette which I have but never been swatched after purchase :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome my dear, I think the only Japanese brand I'll buy are Suqqu palettes and the Shu Uemura (Tokyo Lights palette) if I can get my hands on it.

      Delete
  2. oh wow such a beautiful palette! too bad that it doesn't translate to your lids:( I hate glitter fallouts.. that is why I don't use my NARS highlighter even though it is so pretty..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I hate that it looks so pretty as a palette but is so blah on my lids. Perhaps I'm not using it right.

      Delete
  3. The palette looks pretty but I guess I have to pass on this one too. It seems that it doesn't blend well with the skin and it looks dull. I guess I have to try out other brands than this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie, thanks for leaving me a comment! I don't feel the need to go and buy any Maquillage palettes at the moment how about you? Have you tried the Burberry ones? They are awesome.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.