Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Giorgio Armani Summer Collection 2013 Face and Eye Palette swatches and review

 

I rescheduled all my posts because I think I need to show you this little piece of makeup heaven.  Yes I present to you the Face and Eye palette from Giorgio Armani. I couldn't risk not owning this so instead of patiently waiting for this to arrive at the Singapore counters I bought it the moment I saw it online. This is by far the best summer makeup piece I have bought at the moment.


The Face and Eye palette features a strange elliptical shape. It is hard to describe unless you see it for yourself. It has a shiny black plastic casing that is study. It is palm sized and has a magnetic closing to keep the cover closed at all times.

As you can see, there are two trays. One holding the precious bronzer that I will reveal really soon and one for the three eye shadows and the applicators.







Just look at that gorgeous bronzer. Unfortunately the golden glimmer is just an over spray. I haven't had the heart to remove all the over spray so I can't tell for certain how it looks without it.



The bronzer itself is a golden camel brown shade. It is not a matte instead it has like a satiny texture. Very suitable for my NC35 skin tone. As you can see, the bronzer gleams in the sun.



I used my Sigma Large Angled Contour F40 to apply my bronzer. It is not the best brush ever and I am not in love with it. Until this day it still smells faintly of goat. But it picks up a good amount of powder for me to work with. The bronzer powder is soft and finely milled. It does kick up a fair bit of powder when I run my brush around the pan. Afterwards I find that my whole palette has a dusting of bronzer powder all over.

Not blended


See how it glows on my cheeks?






The trio of eye shadows are satiny and soft. The first is a beige champagne shade. Great as a brow highlighter and for the inner corner of the eyes. The second is a beautiful peach shade, great as an over lid colour and finally a soft satiny brown shade. 

The colours may not be special but the quality definitely makes up for it. It lasted the entire day on my lids with primer.






Swatched without primer

My look for the day. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

The Face and Eye palette sells for USD $88. That is quite a hefty sum to pay but you get a gorgeous bronzer and three pigmented, high quality eye shadows to play with.

If you love bronzers and soft neutral shades that gleam and glow when light hits it then this is the perfect palette you have to get for summer.  

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

17 comments:

  1. I love the glowy effect! *psycho self not to give into temptation*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, it is one of the nicest neutral all in one palette I have come across. Kekeke

      Delete
    2. You know, initially from the promo shots I thought the bronzer would resemble Estee Lauder's Geele formula but it doesn't seem the case. Reckon I'll browse at DFS this weekend and decide. *Glup*

      Delete
    3. Joyce do let me know if you see it at DFS, I'm curious as to how much they are charging for it.

      Delete
  2. Girl, you've totally showcased the full glory of this palette! For someone who isn't crazy about nude shades and bronzers, you've just sold it to me! The bronzer looks so good on you! And the 2 lighter shades of eyeshadows... TDF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to give this palette the attention it deserves. You can totally take this anywhere and achieve a beautiful look all the time. Nonno this is a palette to buy.

      Delete
  3. Neutrals really suit you well. That is such a gorgeous palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pammy, I'm really loving this palette.

      Delete
  4. This palette suits you so well Jacq!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gwen, thank you. I am now a big neutral lover.

      Delete
  5. I saw this when I was in Cannes (they have TWO, not one Sephora!), but I steered myself away! It's a beautiful, travel-friendly palette, and I'm glad to hear the quality is SO good (I can never get eyeshadows to last without a primer on me)! I think I might own similar shades already though, so I'll pass ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably have every shade of shadow there is Sunny :) How's Cannes my dear, bet you are having a fantastic time. I can't wait to see all the pictures you took.

      Delete
  6. The bronzer is beyond beautiful! AArrgghhh I don't need more bronzers actually but this one is just too pretty. I shall resist ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't! The colours suit you, next time we meet I will show you.

      Delete
  7. YAY! So glad you love this as much as I do. Aren't the shadows just incredible? It's amazing how easily they blend and how well they work together. I literally have never applied my eyeshadow so quickly before--I just take a brush and sweep the lighter shades on, use one of the sponge applicators to press a little of the dark brown into the outer V and then take a brush, dip it in the bronzer, and use that to soften the dark brown. I probably only have to sweep back and forth twice before it looks perfectly blended and ready to go! Love it! :D

    LOL I was also really sad about removing the overspray on the gorgeous bronzer so so far, I've only got a tiny section in the corner that I've been working from. As much as the overspray is pretty though, I actually prefer how the bronzer looks on my cheeks without it. But maybe that's just because I have super oily skin and very large pores. Too much shimmer does NOT work in my favor. I think you'll love it sans shimmer too though. There's still a tiny amount in it but it's not super metallic-looking anymore. It looks soo beautiful and natural on the cheeks! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.