Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dolce & Gabbana Luminous Cheek Colour No. 33 Rosebud swatches and review


I ordered this after seeing Rosebud in real life when I ordered it for Ruby from Miaka's Life and Loves. I was attracted to the lovely matte shade.

This is my virgin Dolce and Gabbana buy. It is not available in Singapore. Have you noticed that I have a penchant for getting stuff not available here? I think the exclusivity makes it even more alluring for me. 



The velvet pouch is sort of a tight fit for the blush but after a while it becomes easier to slide out.




Hehe I love the gold case. It is hefty and small enough to hold in the palm of my hands. It comes with a cute brush applicator but I wouldn't use it unless I have to because it does not feel soft at all.







I had a hard time photographing this blush. Somehow it just refuses to show its true colour. Rosebud is actually a bright matte rose pink shade. It is not super pigmented but can be layered. I prefer my blushes not to be too pigmented because I hate having clown cheeks. I prefer adding more blush when I need to rather than having to figure out how to take it off. 


I took two sets of pictures of the two different times I wore it because I was unhappy with how the pictures turned out. I can't really see the blush in the pictures but I swear it is there.






Rosebud is finely milled and soft. It is also very blendable and lasts well on my cheeks. If I were to rate it among my favourite blushes. This is how I would rank them.

1st place - Burberry and Chanel
2nd place - Suqqu, Tom Ford and LMdB
3rd place - Dolce and Gabanna

I paid USD $45 which is about SGD $56.

I am happy with my purchase. I might consider getting either Apricot or Peach in the future. However this blush isn't sending me into blush nirvana just yet.

Ratings: 3+++ lipsticks

Anyway these are the point makeup items I used in my second fotd. I thought I would give my old loves some loving for the day.



We went out to Clark Quay for lunch on a Sunday and came across the Gmax seats. We thought we would ham it up. 



Clark Quay in the afternoons is really quiet. It is only happening at night. Anyway, I love sitting by the riverside to look at boats go by. The weather has been rainy lately so we were watching the rain clouds roll by.

Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

  1. Jacq, I know how hard it is to capture the colour on camera, it was almost close to nude, haha/

    Totally agree with your assessment that Burberry blushes will be top of your blush list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burberry blushes are worthy or hoarding. I hate doing cheek swatches, I think because of our darker skin tone it doesn't show up as well. I admire Meryl's lovely complexion, everything shows up so well.

      Delete
  2. I love blushes that are on the sheer side too--I have a tendency to apply cheek color heavily so sheer blushes are my best friend :P I haven't tried any D&G products yet but I really want to try the blushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also quite heavy handed. I thinks it's because of the lighting in my room. Sometimes I think it's enough but when I go to work I realize I've got clown cheeks. When it comes to blush, less is definitely best.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, SAME HERE! I am too scared I'd make a mistake with super pigmented blushes, so I avoid them (that's why I passed on the Burberry spring blushes, even though they're both insanely gorgeous on others). Rosebud looks quite similar to Edward Bess Secret Affair, which I recently acquired and can't get enough of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny actually Coral Pink from Burberry is quite manageable I skipped hydrangea pink because I didn't think I could pull it off. Edward Bess makes lovely blushes too. I saw the online pictures, they do look similar.

      Delete
  4. That really suits you, I like that you have a blush ranking list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Replica thank you :) what would you rank at number 1?

      Delete
    2. tricky :) for texture probably RBR, though I do love the colours of Sisley/By Terry x

      Delete
    3. Replica I hear good things about RBR blushes but I don't particularly like the casing it comes with. I'm such a snob :(

      Delete
  5. Hi Jacqueline :)I agree with you! Anything forbidden is fascinating :P i would like to try DG makeup :( not available here in Morocco :( But i will order soon..i just ordered some toys from Paul & Joe and still waiting to get them..The next order will be DG & TF for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laetitia, that's why you see me drooling after Suqqu so often. Paul & Joe has some great blushes, what did you get?

      Delete
    2. I have a little lost between all the swatchs over the blogsphere but finaly i got Cinema..

      Delete
  6. The blush looks different in various pictures, which one is more accurate? I wanted to get Tan but reviews have been mixed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe the last picture from my iphone. The one with the rest of my products.

      Delete
    2. Ah I see... it looks similar with NARS Deep Throat from the pan *hint hint*

      Delete
  7. Babe the blush looks beautiful. You are making me wanting to get it. It looks very natural on you. Very pretty!
    Don't you think that D&G makes a very pretty packaging? I'm swoon over by its look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meryl, yup I have to say the casing is darn gorgeous.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.