Monday, April 15, 2013

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine No. 12 Corail Incandescent and No. 13 Pink in Paris swatches and review


I couldn't resist picking these up when I attended a YSL workshop recently. I have seen these in Joey's Space and The Make-up Blogette and I am totally smitten by the shades and swatches.

I have yet to own any of the signature YSL Rouge Voluptes because I felt that the original versions had too much slip in them. It was high time I added these beautiful lipsticks to my collection.


If you want more information about the Rouge Volupte shines, you can check it out at The Make-up Bloggett.

There are a total of 19 shades. I knew immediately that I wanted No. 12 and No. 13 because I fell in love with how they looked on both Joey and Sophia's lips.





I love the packaging! Though a finger print magnet, it is just the nicest gold casing which I don't mind whipping out to touch up. It has a good heft that just says good quality to me.





Left to right: Corail Incandescent and Pink in Paris


Corail Incandescent is a orange coral whereas Pink in Paris is a more of a pink with hints of coral. These two are lovely summer colours which I am very attracted to.

Rouge Volupte Shines feel very much like the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines. They are emollient and balmy in feel. They provide semi transparent colour that can easily be layered for a more pigmented look. They do not last as long as full coverage lipsticks and I do feel that after an entire day of reapplying, they leave the lips with a uniformed stained look. They feel very moisturizing when first applied and they don't dry out my lips but my lips don't feel moisturized at the end of the day either. Did I mention that they have a lovely watermelon scent?

Left to right: Multiple swipe versus single swipe
I made comparison swatches of the Rouge Volupte Shines against the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines. Chanel Rouge Coco Shines vary in pigmentation. My Sari D'eau was nicely pigmented whereas En Vouge took a few more swipes for it to show up better.

Left to right: Corail Incandescent versus Sari D'eau
Left to right: Pink in Paris versus En Vogue


These sell for SGD $45.


Here is how Corail Incandescent looks on me. You can check out how it looks on a fairer skin tone at The Make-up Blogette.





And finally this is how Pink in Paris looks on me.



Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

13 comments:

  1. Both shades look nice on you, esp. the coral one. But I don't find them unique enough to get though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got sucked in by the awesome gold casing.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Have you tried any yet Caise? The texture is marvelous.

      Delete
    2. no I haven't! I really want this shade Tasty Raspberry but it's from Spring 2013 collection so I haven't seen it here yet..

      Delete
    3. What a cute name! I'm going to google that and check it out.

      Delete
  3. Ahh look at these! Both of them are super adorable on you! I really really need to tap into YSL soon. Everybody seems to really enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, these are smell heavenly. Every time apply them they remind me of juicy refreshing watermelon. They feel very good when applied. I'm sure there is a shade or more that you will fall in love with.

      Delete
  4. Great review Jacq!
    I love the packaging of these YSL lipstick. It's very classy and luxurious. I agree that the texture is similar to Chanel Rouge Coco Shine. I actually feel that this lasts much longer than Chanel Rouge coco shine; it might be due to the color that I choose though. Thanks for reviewing these.

    meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which colour did you choose my dear? I am a sucker for beautiful packaging and these are my fav of the moment.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.