Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rimmel Marshmellow Look Lipstick in 012 swatches and review


A very generous babe by the name of Farah from @farahdean from Instagram gifted me with this gorgeous red lipstick. Thank you so much Farah!



I am embarrassed to admit that I'm a makeup snob. I haven't been buying any drugstore brands in a long while. The thing of red lipsticks is, all this while I have not found a nice drugstore brand red lipstick. You see I like my red lipsticks deep. Most of the red I see just happen to be too bright for me.

This Rimmel lipstick blew me out of the water. Just my kind of red.

Rimmel London Marshmallow Look lipsticks can only be found in Japan. I simply cannot find any information about these lipsticks so if anyone has some information about them I would love to hear from you.


For a drugstore brand, I love the sleek black packaging. It has a metal casing that feels lightweight yet sturdy.





Just look at how gorgeous it is!








It is wonderfully pigmented and gives a strong red colour with just one swipe. It is creamy and glides on my lips without being slippery. It has a satin finish. It lasts for about 4 hours when I sip on water but after a meal I need to reapply my lipstick. It doesn't feel hydrating but it does not cause my lips to peel either.

So does it feel better than or on par with my favourite Burberry or Giorgio Armani? Nope, I still feel that there is a difference in quality especially the feel of it. My luxe lipsticks feel creamier and still leaves my lips soft and supple after a whole day of wear. I won't be stopping my luxe lipstick hoarding anytime soon. Heh heh.

Comparison swatches: Left to right: Rimmel, Girogio Armani 400 and Chanel Rouge Allure Passion

This is fast becoming one of my favourite red lipstick. For a drugstore price this is just amazing. If you happen to be in Japan, I definitely highly recommend you hunt down this, it is just too good to pass up.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

12 comments:

  1. If i lived in Japan, I would be at the drugstores ALL DAY :D this red is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I know what you mean, I think I would have busted my bank a long time ago. I would have a house full of Japanese brushes and Suqqu!

      Delete
  2. Rimmel created great range of red lipstick. I have one Rimmel red lipstick and love the texture so much. I rarely wear it coz I'm not that confident to wear red on my lips :p

    Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe just wear it, it just gets getting used to and after you never want to wear any other colour.

      Delete
  3. what a beautiful shade! I've never heard of these Rimmel Marshmallow Look lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, it is actually my first time too, but what a great discovery.

      Delete
  4. This one is AMAZING! It's a great red for summer and I didn't really think that would be possible. The juiciness makes it less heavy-looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not one for glossy reds but there is that subtle shine there which makes the lipstick look fab.

      Delete
  5. Wow. That's some intense pigmentation for a drugstore product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Catherine, isn't it just fantastic. You know if you ever go to Japan you need to hit their drugstores, there are truly many gems. This is definitely one of them.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.