Sunday, April 21, 2013

NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder Pressed swatches and review


For a really long time, I did without ever having to use a pressed powder to touch up. After setting my foundation with loose powder I was good to go and I could last the whole day without blotting. Ever since I stopped my Diane, my oilies have come back in a big way. (Psst I gave in and started my Diane again) and so found myself in need of a pressed powder to ring along with me.

I actually did buy one a Chanel pressed powder in December but never get around to reviewing it. You can guess by the fact that I haven't reviewed it, just how much I liked it.

Anyway a few of my makeup buddies have been squealing over how lovely this is that I just had to try it for myself. If I am not mistaken the first batch that went on sale sold literally like hotcakes and it was sold out in a couple of days.

You can check out their reviews at Miaka's Life and Loves, Memoiselle and  Kaslovesmakeup



I love the pouch it comes with, I am not in love with the rubberized packaging. Right now my palette is sporting a big powdery thumbprint that I can't seem to wipe off. It is annoying to say the least. I'm not looking forward to the casing becoming greasy.

Anyway I didn't realise that there was a little sponge tucked inside the pouch till a couple of days later so I don't have a picture of it. I would prefer using a brush to apply this, sponges in compacts sometimes give me the heebie jeebies because of the amount of bacteria that can grow there if we are not studious about washing them regularly.













You can see a layer of shimmery white powder. You need to use a tissue to wipe off the first layer and then you are good to go. You won't look like a disco ball, it fact the powder mattifies my face wonderfully.

As you can see it brightens my face too but I need to be careful not to overdo it, lest I start looking like a geisha. 


I am totally in love with this setting powder. It is finely milled and keeps my oilies at bay (at least for a while). 

You can find this at the NARS counter at Tangs and it sells for SGD $50. Strangely enough I don't see them selling at Nordstrom or even ASOS. The loose powder version sells for USD $34. I believe it should be the same for the pressed version. The price here is still marked up quite high. But if you want the pressed version, no choice you have to suck it up and pay for the mark up.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

9 comments:

  1. I love this pressed powder and is hitting pan VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brush do you use to apply this? I'm still trying to find out the best way of applying this pressed powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use either the sponge given together with the Nars powder or my short MAC blush brush. No the best but its okay it picks enough power.

      Delete
  3. oh now I want it too:) I'll buy it for winter I guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise you should, I am totally ignoring my loose powders and have been using this to set my foundation and for blotting.

      Delete
  4. Radiance-boosting powders are SO big this year! I'm glad to hear you like this version. I still dig Guerlain Perles du Dragon from last year's holiday collection, and I have Meteorites Teint Beige for my purse. I've also been using Hourglass Radiant Light. I'm sure it'll get even more love as the weather gets warmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was eyeing Hourglass Radiant Light too but lucky for me it isn't available in Singapore yet. It is a pity how small the Hourglass counters at Sephora Singapore is. And we usually don't get the latest stuff. I can't wait to see it in real life too.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.