Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Make Up For Ever High Definition Primer swatches and review



I have been using my Giorgio Armani Master Fluid Primer for the longest time. I decided I wanted to try something different for once and took the plunge with Make Up For Ever's HD Primer. I have always been wanting to try out MUFE's primers since I played with them at their launch.

The SA at Sephora Ion suggested I use the beige version to brighten my face. She mentioned that the HD Primer does not contain silicone. 


Well here is the ingredient list and I specifically see Dimethicone stated as an ingredient. A quick check on Dimethicone mentions that it is a silicone-based polymer. So correct me if I'm wrong but this primer does have silicone.

Personally I love silicone in my primers, I love how my face feels velvety matte and how it instantly erases the look of my pores. I do not have problems with silicone breaking me out whew! 




This primer smells very synthetic and artificial when first applied so if you have a sensitive nose you might just want avoid this altogether. I can tolerate it because it goes away very quickly. 

It is easily blended into the skin and gives me a smooth finish. It mattifies my face slightly but I still think my GA primer does a better job.

Anyway with my currently skin condition, it still does not keep my oilies away. Nothing does at the moment until I let my Diane run its course and do its job.

My foundation is was not able to last the whole day with this primer. After two hours I get shine all over my face and I need to blot.

This cost SGD $67 and can be found at Sephora or the Make Up For Ever Pro Loft.

If you don't have oil issues like mine and have relatively normal skin I think this would be an okay primer to try. It was an okay but not wow for me.

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm, sounds like my skin is quite similar to yours, so I guess it's a no go then, good to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I feel this is for ladies with better skin those with no oil control issues.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacq,
    Thanks for reviewing this. I think I'll skip if it doesn't smells good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are better primers around, I lie my Giorgio Armani Fluid Master primer lots I just stocked up on it.

      Delete
  3. Aww I'm sorry it's a bit meh for you! I have a mini bottle of the original version, but I've only used it a couple of times. I think many brands are launching new primers nowadays (so curious about the Becca one! I think there is a pore-minimizing and oil-controlling version), so I hope you'll find something to keep sebum production in check!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going back to my GA Master Fluid primer, so far that works for me.

      Delete
  4. You can try the Murad Skin Perfecting Primer Acne and Shin Control - I find that it control oil pretty well (on my nose.. cos that my only spot that releases alot of sebum)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chantana, thanks for leaving me a comment, I'll pop by Sephora when I can to hunt it down.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.