Saturday, April 6, 2013

Make Up For Ever High Definition Powder swatches and review



(Information taken from Sephora)

What it is:
A universal translucent finishing powder to be applied over foundation or worn alone.

What it does:
This luxe finishing powder sets the foundation and slightly mattifies skin without changing its natural contours. Made of 100 percent-mineral silica, it softens the appearance of imperfections and completely evens out the complexion for a glowing, radiant look. This translucent, dermatologist-tested, and talc-free formula does not dry the skin. One universal shade works for all skintones.



I have been wanting to try this for the longest time but my tub of Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder just doesn't want to finish up. I kinda gave up and bought this.



I hear complains about the powder flying up and all over. I don't peel off the sticker attached to the sifter all the way. I cover most of the holes in the sifter and allow only 3 holes uncovered. That way I can control the amount of powder that comes out. I just give the container a little tap and use what remains on the cover for my face. That is all that is needed to powder my face.



The powder is very finely milled and super soft. When I apply it to my face, it mattifies it and brightens it up a little. Applying too much will make my face look white.


The current condition of my skin is super oily so even though this mattifies my face and sets my foundation, I find that after 3 hours tops my face is oily. If you have no such problems this would be a nice loose power to use.

I bought this for SGD $55 for 10g of product. It sells for USD $34.

This loose powder will be great of normal to slightly oily skinned ladies but not for ladies with serious oil issues like mine.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. I hate when powders make me look white..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm on the face about this one, on one hand I like how finely milled and soft it is but too uch and it becomes white.

      Delete
  2. I have a little sample pot of this that I haven't got around to trying yet! I've heard it's not the most oil-controlling powder out there, which is fine by me but the white cast is something I am not prepared to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, I use a very soft and fluffy brush and make sure I don't pick up too much powder, then its alright.

      Delete
  3. This is off topic. I don't know any loose powder that has decent oil control but personally I've found Shu Uemura UV underbase mousse to be. I've not come across any review saying that it controls oil but I do find it does reduce shine on my face. However, it is a rather tricky primer IMO, as it tends to dry my cheeks and chin if I'm not careful abt what I use before and after it.

    Btw, I used to love the MUFE HD primers. It was the 1st time primer I ever used (before I got adventurous abt base MU) and it did blur out my pores. Till now, it is still the only primer that I'd gone through a few bottles of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried the Shu underbase but I didn't love it so I gave it away. I'm on the fence about the MUFE primer, I don't really lie the smell and the oil controlling properties are so so on me. I'm glad it works out on you though.

      Delete
  4. Sounds okay but I think I personally need more oil control as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I wish it controlled oil better.

      Delete
  5. I just bought this last few weeks but haven't tried it. I plan to open it after I fully utilize my nars powder. I hope this works well for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe, your skin is super good, I bet it will work well on you.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.