Saturday, April 27, 2013

Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder 00 Nude Swatches and Review



Sometime back, Sak's Fifth had free international shipping if USD $99 was spent. Being an addicted online shopaholic I had to check it out.

I bought my very first Dolce and Gabbana blush after seeing Ruby's. And I also picked up the new bronzing powder from Guerlain.


I have way too many bronzers. My Guerlain Emillio Pucci bronzer is still only lightly used so I definitely do not need another bronzer to add to my stash. But if you have seen the beautiful promo picture you would understand how difficult it was to resist when they added that lovely pink into the mix.







Guerlain did wonders with the gorgeous dark brown metal casing. It feels weighty and oh so luxurious. What a beauty it is to behold.










The lightest shade is almost invisible on my skin but the other three shades provide subtle colour. It is finely milled and feel smooth to the touch. It also lasts quit well on my cheeks. After 4 hours of dance classes, it was still visible on my cheeks.

There is quite a strong fragrance to it. Not as nice as the Emillio Pucci bronzer but it is fine by me.


I use it more like a subtle nude blush than a bronzer per se. I love that it gives me a soft healthy look. For this bronzer, I use my Hakuhodo blush brush which picks up just enough pigment.

This sells for USD$75. I paid SGD$100.80 for it because Sak's Fifth converts the price automatically to Singapore currency at checkout. I found out it cost about SGD $101 at local counters and if you happen to visit DFS Changi, it is going for SGD$91. Grab it at the airport!

Off the topic but somewhat related. I was kinda miffed,  a few months back when I heard that the Guerlain Emillio Pucci bronzer was selling at a discount during one of those brand sales. It was selling for SGD $50 then. You can check out Luna of Lunaface and Meryl of Memoseille's  posts about it. I paid a good SGD $100 because I wanted to get my hands on it when it first came out. There is a Chinese saying which I was try to translate, heart pain and I'm adding this, wallet pain. That's what I feel when I heard it was going for half the price. Ah well, that's the price I pay for not being patient.

My two beauties together
Would I wait for this bronzer to be in a sale. Nope. I'll gladly pay the full price for it. 

Ratings: 5 lipsticks.

28 comments:

  1. Very pretty, gives you a nice glow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does Replica, perhaps on you it'll truly be a bronzer.

      Delete
  2. it is sooooooo pretty! imo it looks better than the Dior one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise I'm bad! I have the Dior one coming to me soon, I'll do a comparison.

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely! I've always liked Guerlain's terracotta products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do, I can't wait to see the Tera Ora collection. The loose eye shadows are calling out to me.

      Delete
  4. Thankfully the new Guerlain blushes aren't appealing to me, though I'm lusting after the new Dior Duo Tan ones! After missing out last year's, I NEED TO LAY HANDS ON THE CORAL ONE BEFORE IT'S SOLD OUT! X)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce I heard that the Dior Coral Glow may not be coming in, btw Pink Glow is already available at Scott's DFS. Hopefully my news in wrong. I ordered mine from saks so hopefully I'll get it soon.

      Delete
  5. The Guerlain looks awesome! love a nude blush =) I'm definitely gg to check this out at the airport when I travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do that, this is too pretty to pass up.

      Delete
  6. OH YOU GOT IT! I like how subtle this one looks on me and I am not a bronzer person! So sorry to hear you didn't get the Pucci one on sale, but sometimes when you want something you want it NOW! What if it never goes on sale right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what Sunny, that's one less item to get addicted to and spend your money on. I know what you mean, too many times I missed an opportunity to buy something I like because I waited so even if it's full price I'll get it if I really want it.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Het Dear Skin, thanks or leaving me a comment. They both look so pretty together don't they.

      Delete
  8. Wow, very subtle, natural looking shades. Thanks for sharing this! I'd love to see a side by side comparison with dior too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle, I am going to get the Dior version in Coral Glow. I will do a side by side comparison when I get it, thanks for the awesome idea.

      Delete
  9. Yay this is SO super gorgeous on you! I only own one other Guerlain bronzer at the moment--the Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in Brunettes. I use it the same way: as a blusher/bronzer. It's more bronzy than Nude is but still has the nice apricot tones to it to make it a nice neutral blush. I head over heels in love with it. I have been planning to get one of the new 4 Seasons shades since it came out but then the summer collection came out before I could and I saw Terra Nerolia...oh sweet Lord, it was love at first sight. So I will buy that one first instead and then eventually buy the 4 Seasons :P Ahh I can't wait!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Becca, I saw it too and I was like hot damn it's gorgeous. Ok I officially od on bronzers I cannot buy anymore. I must not look at anymore pretty bronzers. I really go crazy over summer collections, what about you?

      Delete
    2. omg YES--the summer collections are HANDS DOWN my absolute favorite!! There's just nothing like the gorgeous bronzers, warm corals/peaches/pinks, pops of vibrant teal/turquoise/gold/etc. on the eyes...ahhh it's all too gorgeous!! :P I went months without buying anything during the fall collections but summer is where I like to really spend my money! :D

      Yes ODing on pretty bronzers for sure! I am swearing to myself that after I buy Terra Nerolia, NO MORE new summer bronzers no matter how pretty! I can wait a few months on the 4 Seasons one since they're permanent. :)

      Oh and I know you said you ordered the GA summer palette too. Have you gotten it yet? OMG the bronzer is SO gorgeous! The more I use it, the more I love it. I was a little scared it would be too shimmery or orangey but the color is PERFECT. It's so subtle and natural-looking and nice and glowy!! :D

      Delete
    3. I'm still waiting for my US address to receive my Sak's package and then it's going to take another week for it to arrive in Singapore. I can't wait! My Dior Coral Glow is also in that package. I don't like the autumn collections either. Everything is too goth for me. Besides we don't have autumn here, it is practically summer all year round. On my want list right now are the Tom Ford cream shadows in Escapade and Pink Haze and the Guerlain loose eye shadow. I can't resist. I seriously must slow down but I can't seem to stop.

      Delete
    4. Yay you got Coral Glow too? You will LOVE it! I'm definitely pleased with that one. Even the accompanying brush is really nice and soft! :D

      I really am wanting the Guerlain loose eye shadow too. I usually don't mess with loose pigments but I recently tried the RBR ones and loved them so much. Almost immediately after posting my review, I saw a review for the new Guerlain ones. Perfect timing! :P I want both of them so bad but especially the coppery one. I can't believe how much it looks like liquid metal--stunning!!

      Delete
    5. Becca I just wanted you to know I got my Coral Glow and the Giorgio Armani face and eye palette. I love them both! They are so gorgeous.

      Delete
  10. I agree that this shade is more of a subtle blush rather than a bronzer. Initially I wanted to get this shade for its beautiful pan design but I end up getting another shade as I want to use it more of a bronzer :)

    Thanks for the review Jacq!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, so you got the darker version? Honestly I bought it because of the pink shade incorporated. So which is our all time favorite bronzer.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the great review! I just got it and really love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.