Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Giorgio Armani Face and Cheeks Duo Platte Ecailles


I have been eyeing this beauty for the longest time. I first saw it on Joey's Space. I took a long time to buy this but I finally gave it and put it in my Sak's Shopping Cart.







I always love the Giorgio Armani packaging, very sleek and handy. It fits in the palm of my hands and has a magnetic closure.






The highlighter is a pearly white. The blush looks to me like a muted rose shade with a lovely sheen. The blush is not super pigmented but shows up when I use my Koyudo brush. This blush is not easy to overdo but may not show up well on darker skinned ladies.


I'm am particularly wary of shimmery blushes because with my currently skin condition (very oily face) I do not want the shimmers to emphasize my ginormous pores. Thankfully it does not, instead it makes my cheeks glow subtly. 




I paid USD $59 for this. Inclusive of shipping and exchange rate I paid about SGD $77. I'm not sure how much it costs in Singapore though, would anyone care to update me?

Overall I am very happy with this purchase, this subtle blush and highlighter is able to take me anywhere and can go with whatever eye and lip look. The beautiful sheen and texture makes it more interesting that a normal matte blush. The powder is finely milled and lasts about 3 to 4 hours on my face. 

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

16 comments:

  1. I love this duo and it looks really good on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to buy this duo because I really like this highlighter but it was so overpriced in Poland..
    it looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when prices are marked up highly, I just don't understand why. Thanks Caise.

      Delete
  3. I see your skin is very damaged with acne, scars and large pores. Honestly if you could take half of the money you invest in those luxury products to take care of your skin by having some serious dermatological treatments, you'd have a much better skin hence wouldn't need so much makeup or would feel much better wearing them. Makeup is nice, I like too but it is powerless to enhance your beauty if used against bad, damaged skin. That's just my opinion, please don't take this in a bad way. I mean no offense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None taken Lila, you are entitled to your opinions. :)

      Delete
  4. I think you're gorgeous Jacq!

    Blemishes/Scars are a reality. Some people are just born with them but one thing is for sure - no one goes through life without attaining at least a few. We deal with them using whatever means we like be it makeup or derm treatment.

    As a beauty blogger, you're providing such a wonderful service to your readers by showing (via close up photos) how products look. I think it is so sad that some people forget this and choose to focus on the negatives. I do agree that they are entitled to their opinions but basic responsibility and decency should be applied when deciding to voice such opinions.

    My opinion is that you look amazing. That blush does indeed impart a wonderful glow and it goes really well with your red lippie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gwen :) I'm a frivolous girl and I choose to spend my money on colours rather than treatments hehe. thank you for your constant support, it feels good knowing that I have readers like you.

      Delete
    2. My thoughts exactly! Hehe colours are wayyy more fun too :p
      Anyway I don't think the comments about your skin are at all accurate. Anyone would look deceptively bad when you're like 15x zoomed in cause everything is so magnified!

      Delete
    3. Gwen, actually my skin is really quite scarred but I'm fine with it. I had laser treatment done quite a few years back but I I did not want to continue because even though it worked very well. I understand I cannot have flawless skin, I am already very happy with how much it has improved. I am satisfied. :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds good! I know you feel bad about your oily skin and acne scars and all, but I think you look fantastic, honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear, I'll take it each day as it comes, I'm trying not to let it bother me too much :)

      Delete
  6. The highlighter looks beautiful my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Meryl, it is a very soft and subtle highlighter.

      Delete
  7. I've actually never looked into GA blushes, which is weird since I like almost everything I've tried! This compact does look very versatile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I had only one GA blush and I sold it off and didn't bother looking at their range of blushes until now. However I am eagerly waiting for the new Fluid Sheers to come out. I own three, two of them highlighters and one blush, I must say they are really top notch. I am dying to get my hands of the new coral shade.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.