Friday, April 12, 2013

Boscia Little Black Book review


I bought the Boscia Little Black Book about a month ago in a fit of desperation to do something about my acne problem and oil control issues. The SA at Sephora mentioned how she liked the Boscia mask. I thought why not try the sample set which included the mask. It comes with 4 products for me to try at SGD $74. I love the concept of sample boxes like this. I can try a few products and if I didn't like them, it wouldn't make me feel too bad about having full sized products that I wouldn't finish.



The sample box includes the Detoxifying Black Cleanser, Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel, No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment and Luminizing Black Mask.




The cleanser is a transparent grey gel cleanser that feels warm when first applied to the skin. It isn't particularly foamy but it does foams up and does an okay job of cleansing my face. My face doesn't feel tight or uncomfortable after washing. I don't use my Clarisonic with this.










Both the Hydration gel and No Pores No Shine treatment are easily absorbed into my skin. The Hydration gel does a good job of hydrating my skin. The treatment however is an disappointment, my pores are still very visible after application and it does nothing to mattify my face. After an hour of use my face is still very oily.




I had the most fun with the mask. I have itchy fingers and I do really bad things to my nails when I bored. I'm very embarrassed to say this but when I was little, I use to glue my hands and wait for it to dry and start peeling the bits. And guess what, this satisfies my urge to peel stuff. 



The mask is an opaque and sticky goo. I notice that it stings my eyes even though I am careful not to apply it too near my eye area. 

If I apply too thin a layer, it is quite hard to peel off the mask so I make sure I apply a generous amount. It take about 15 minutes for the mask to dry. When it is dry, it is quite easy to peel off the mask. I use lukewarm water to wash away the remaining bits.

After using this mask my face feels squeaky clean. I have been using this mask for 3 weeks, twice weekly. I don't see it controlling my sebum my face is still as oily as ever. It does not significantly minimize my pores either.

I'm on the fence with this mask. On one hand I love applying this but on the other hand I'm not seeing any significant improvements to my face after using it.

Overall I'm glad I tried the sample instead of buying full size ones for these. I don't think they work well for my super oily and acne ridden skin. It may be better for those normal skins or those with only mildly oily skin.

Ratings: 2 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. The mask looks very interesting!! And im very tempted by that hydration gel... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly nothing to crow about, I like the texture of the La Roche Prosay better.

      Delete
  2. Aw, too bad these products weren't a total success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jac!
    U can check out Belif masks, I bought a few tubs from Korea. There is one called the Anti hangover soothing mask (calms the skin) Love them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.