Monday, March 11, 2013

YSL Workshop


I recently attended a YSL makeup workshop. I got to learn some makeup techniques from Zona the Makeup Artist at YSL. She was showing us the signature YSL eye look.







I managed to take this pictures before the SA there stopped me from doing it. I hate it when that happens.


These were some of the things I got to play with. I also managed to try their Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation and their new Rouge Volupte Shines.


The best part of the workshop was bumping into Fenny from Ladies Home Journal. She was sitting behind me the whole time of the workshop. I was so busy taking pictures that it was until later that I saw her. I saw her pretty face and was wondering why she looked familiar.


This is the eye I did at the workshop. I used the pink and purple shades from the No. 6 Chromatic palette.


I took this after I got home from the workshop. I liked the finish the foundation under store lighting but under normal lighting it looked a tad greasy. I also have on the new Rouge Volupte Shine in Corail Incandescent No. 13. Of course I hauled! I wouldn't be me if I didn't.



Unveiling my goodies really soon, watch out for them.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you hauled! Share what you learnt during this workshop... :D Catch up wif u soon babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy we must catch up soon.
      The interesting thing about the eye makeup was that I was encouraged to add more of the darkest shade and blend higher over my crease line for the outer corner of my eye. I generally don't blend so high up and tend to stick closer to the crease line. This time around instead of a lighter colour for the inner corner of my eye I was taught to use some of the darker colour to blend inwards. It is definitely a smokey eye which I don't see myself wearing often.

      Delete
  2. This look is definitely different from what you have been doing but it looks great on you, especially if you are going on a date night with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I just have to find the suitable colours to do it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was especially when I could meet a fellow blogger.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.