Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tom Ford Eye Color Quad Sahara Haze Swatches and Reviews




After my first Tom Ford eye palette I knew in my heart of hearts that it would not be my only eye palette from Tom Ford. Since then, I have been thinking about which quad was going to be my next. Dear Mag from Makeupstash posted a picture of Rose Seduction quad which is an Asian exclusive. That quad made me go to the counter to take a better look. Mag also raved about Sahara Haze in her post and said that I should check it out so I did.

In the end, I decided on Sahara Haze because I do not have such colors in my collection. Rose Seduction is indeed gorgeous too but I felt that the rose plum shades were something I already had.  


I love the dark chocolate casing and gold trimming a lot. It just screams luxury. It has a lovely heft to it as well. You can see pictures in my previous post of Cognac Sable.







From left to right, a creamy satiny light yellow, grayish khaki, sparkly khaki green and dark matte green with a hint of dark gray. I am in love with most of the shades except for the darkest color. On the finger swatches it feels the least pigmented and creamy of the four but on lids it shows up well.

I wanted to show you a step by step look but I forgot! I was wearing this look for my pole class and was rushing. After I complete all my look I realized I did not break it down in pictures. I am so sorry.



With eye liner


Eyes:
NARS Smudeproof Eyeshadow Base
Tom Ford Eye Color Quad Sahara Haze
Giorgio Armani Black Eyes To Kill Waterproof Liner in black
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Stash
Girogio Armani Eyes To Kill Waterproof Mascara



Lips:
Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip 2C
Dior Addict in Nude 


Base:

Chanel UV Essentiel
Giorgio Armani Master Fluid Primer
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 
Giorgio Armani Microfil loose powder

Cheeks:
Tom Ford Bush in Flush

On first look, Sahara Haze doesn't look very exciting. However, it is a great workhorse kinda palette. I love it when TF add a sparkly shade. The sparkle shade gives the look added dimension without it being too teenagerish. None of the shades produce any fall out and with a primer it lasts the entire day on my oily lids. This is a very expensive quad at SGD$100. Nonetheless a worthy splurge in my eyes. I am not giving it a full 5 lipsticks though because I think that for an expensive quad all the colours in it must be consistent. I am a tad disappointed with the darkest shade.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

17 comments:

  1. This is definitely one of the more unique quads. I just bought the same quad from a blogsale! Can't wait to get my hands on it! You make it look awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you got a great deal! It is indeed a unique quad, I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

      Delete
  2. Oh Tom Ford product really screams out the luxury in it!
    I agree that Tom Ford product does not have the best texture, but well I know I am so superficial that by only looking at it, it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I don't care if I am superficial, whatever rock our boats right Meryl?

      Delete
    2. Haha I love your sentence.."Whatever rock our boats right, Jacq?" :p

      Delete
  3. Fab look Jac! I still can't bang 100 bucks on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenelle, I know ;), I just felt like splurging.

      Delete
  4. Agree with you that the colours does not look exciting but it looks great on you. Quite a simple neutral everyday look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup sometimes even though a palette looks unexciting, it actually translates well to you eye lids. Guess it also has to do with our colouring.

      Delete
  5. Oooh, that khaki shade is so pretty, it's really different. Likey likey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what lovely colours and they look great on you. I am still holding off getting a TF eye quad as have heard mixed reviews on the texture, though if they release any new ones in the same formula as the fall ones I think I will have to buy one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replica, I think owning just one quad is good enough. Suqqu shadows are much better in quality but TF has some really nice colours.

      Delete
  7. This quad is sooooo me! Definitely shades I'd reach for! I'm still praying for the entire TF line-up to be available here. Isn't it strange how we don't get the brand in Taiwan either??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny once the counter is available it will be humongous temptation. I find myself deliberately staying away from the department store because TF is there. If I wander into the counter I'm sure I will leave with something. It's terrible! ;)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.