Friday, March 15, 2013

Suqqu Blend Color Eye shadow palette No. 10 Kozuecha Swatches and Review




Dear Ruby from Miaka Life and Loves and I are involved in a Project Swap. We live so close to each other that we are practically neighbours and I thought it would be a wonderful idea to swap products to swatch and try on so you dear readers are see two different views of how we see a product.

The first thing I wanted to get my hands on was Ruby's Suqqu stash. I love Suqqu products and what better way then to try more of them.

This is Kozuecha from the  spring 2012 collection. This is also part of the permanent range.





When I opened this up I was for a moment going huh? It looked very similar to the Suqqu palette I owned, Himesango. They are very similar except for the lovely peachy gold shade found on the top left-hand corner of the palette and the different browns found on the right-hand corner.

Unfortunately, Ruby is now playing with my Himesango so I can't place these side by side for a comparison.

I notice that for the range of shadow palettes, there is always a creamy matte beige shade which is used as a base of the eye colours.
  



The textures and quality of this palette is exactly what I expect from Suqqu. They are creamy, pigmented and so so soft and finely milled. Such a pleasure to apply on my eye lids. I am in love with the peach gold shade. It brightens my eyes and gives it a kiss of peach gold warm. Love! I tell you.

Here is a natural day look I did with this palette.

Applied the matte beige all over and then the peach gold over the lids.

Taupe shade on the lids over and above the crease

The second darkest brown on the outer corner blended upwards

The darkest brown on the outer corner

Line eyes and add mascara




The thing with Suqqu palettes are that they kinda feature similar shade ranges for the neutral palettes. They either lean more to the cool or warm side. You don't necessarily have to have many of these palettes. The colour differences are subtle unless you are going for the blues, greens and plum coloured palettes. I really love Suqqu palette and if you are into great quality products and don't mind splurging choose a Suqqu palette which you know you are going to reach often. You won't regret it.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. I like the look you have created with it, but the palette itself doesn't really speak to me that much I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, it doesn't look very exciting honestly but the texture is gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you that this palette looks very close to himesango. Himesango seems more pinkish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's kinda cool that we got the different palettes

      Delete
  3. Yup I agree with you that Suqqu palettes are mostly about neutrals. They have superb texture and I just can't resist to buy more and more although I know I don't need more neutrals :p

    Meryl @ Memoiselle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I know I don't need anymore neutrals but the texture and quality is just so gorgeous to resist.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.