Sunday, March 17, 2013

Suqqu Balancing Cheeks No. 02 Mukuge swatches and review



This is another Suqqu item I snatched from Ruby of Miaka Life and Loves stash. Balancing Cheeks is part of the existing line up of Suqqu blushes. There are a total of 4 shades available.

(Image taken from Suqqu Website)
They are different from the Nuancing Cheeks that are still available at the Selfridges website. With Balancing cheeks, a highlighter shade is included whereas for Nuancing cheeks there two shades of blush.






The highlighter shade is somewhat of a disappointment. It barely shows up and does not have much of that creamy pigmented texture Suqqu is famous for. The muted peach brown shade fares slightly better but as you can see from the swatches barely show up on my arm swatch.



To ensure that this blush would show up on my cheeks, I used my trusty Koyudo blush brush which has shorter bristles to pick up more pigment. But as you can see, it barely shows up on my cheeks even with repeated application. I think nothing is worse than blush that totally does not show up.

I definitely prefer my Kohakusui and Akanemizu way better. You can check out my review and swatches of them here.

I can see why Ruby was very disappointed with this blush palette. Check out her thoughts of it here.

For the price tag of Suqqu blushes, I suggest you hunt down the Nuancing Cheeks which are better in pigmentation and quality.

Ratings: 0 lipstick

15 comments:

  1. Aww, this one is not pigmented enough! =/ Their prices are insanely high, and I would def expect something better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my dear, I'm glad I didn't have to pay for this, I would have been very upset.

      Delete
  2. I got this shade back in 2010 when it was released as a limited edition,I've used it up and was going to rebuy it but had heard the formula had changed a bit, so maybe I'll hold off. I think I got away with the sheerness because I am so pale :) Have you seen the pic of the summer eye quad on rougedeluxe, me wants!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replica, yup I can see why you would like Mukuge. Yes I saw the eye quad, I want too! But you know what I want more of their lipsticks and more eye brushes!

      Delete
  3. Jacq, I like your rating of 0 lipstick, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kekeke for our skintone, cannot pass lah!

      Delete
  4. Aww I'm so sorry to hear about the poor color payoff :( The shades seem so promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, it is such a pity considering these are from Suqqu.

      Delete
  5. Oh no what a shame given its Suqqu! The first balancing cheeks I bought was Hinageshi and sadly I experienced the same thing :( Texture was so unlike what you would expect from Suqqu - very hard. And colour payoff was very poor too ... which is saying something cause I'm NC20! Been a little hesitant about purchasing more of their blushes ever since... but their eyeshadows... now that's entirely a different story :D I want more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwen, I still believe that the Nuancing Cheek Blushes are way better, I love the two that I own. I love the eye shadows too but do you find that they can sometimes look slightly repetitive. I am lusting over the summer eye quad though.

      Delete
  6. Oh dear why is the pigmentation so bad?? Pity it didn't show up better on you :(

    I actually have this in 03 Hinageshi and the blush shade shows up perfectly on my cheeks, while the highlighting part helps to smooth out the edges of the blush colour to make it "melt" into my cheeks. Very natural! And I'm not that fair to begin with-- NC25!

    This is actually 1 of my HG to-go blushes when I want to look polished and glowy. (The other being By Terry powder blushes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuanshan, I believe it also has to do with my pigmentation and acne scars around my cheek area. It makes lighter blush shades look invisible on my skin. I am glad that Mukage works on you though.

      Delete
  7. oh dear pity this didn't work for you! i've this in 03 Hinageshi and it's 1 of my HG to-go blushes! (the other being By Terry powder blush)

    03 Hingageshi actually does show up on me perfectly true to pan and the highlighter shade actually works to smooth out the edges of the blush, something like giving it a soft-focus look, so I absolutely love it! And I'm not really that fair-- NC25!

    wonder if there are others who like this blush series from Suqqu as much as I do?? :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.