Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Le Metier De Beaute Kaleidoscope Eye Kit Northern Lights (The Auroras) Swatches and Review



I have for you today another one of Ruby's precious stash of goodies that she has so generously allowed me to play with. The Kaleidoscope Eye Kit in Northern Lights. I own only one Eye Kit in Penelope which I really love but naughty me I haven't been giving it much love lately. Time to remedy that.

I haven't been inclined to purchase another Kaleidoscope because non of the releases had colours that appealed to me.


I love the way the palette is designed. It may be bulky but I just love swiveling out the pans to play with them. They also lock with a satisfying click so there is no way they will swing out when you don't want them to. 








I find the colours to be an interesting mix. In the beginning I was scratching my head as to how all the colours would go together especially the burnish copper with the dark blue. But as you can see in my eye look, they do go nicely together. I was quite pleased with how they looked together.


Le Metier De Beute eye shadows can be blended together to form new colours. For example the two shades I have above. For the left shade, I used the beige and copper together. For the shade on the right, I used the two blues.


These eye shadows have a lovely satiny matte texture. They are finely milled and pigmented. I love the dark blue shade best.

Beige shade all over the lids
Pale blue shade on lids over the crease
Dark blue on the outer corners blending in
Copper shade as a contour blending with the dark blue
Add my trusty black liquid liner and add a lilac liner at the bottom line 
Tada! Finished look with mascara


The stuff I used

Kaleidoscope eye kits are a lovely addition to anyone's stash. It is expensive at USD $95 but you get 4 really big pans and they can be blended to get varying shades. I guess anyone's difficulty after deciding to lay that money for the kit is to choose one you really are going to make full use of.

If you are not willing to lay down that much for a palette or cannot commit to the colours in it, you might want to try their singles which are absolutely awesome. I have Jojo and Corinthian and they are my staples. 

Northern Lights provides a good mix of colours. I can wear it as a neutral look or a slightly colourful one.

I haven't seen a colour combination that has wowed me yet though.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ruby, it is actually very wearable, great choice.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely look! Other than Nouvelle Vague which I have, Penelope and Northern Lights are the only other kaleidoscope eye kits that caught my eyes. If only they are still available...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing about the Kaleidoscopes is you have to get them before they disappear. I don't think you can get it anymore though :(

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your swapping project! Nothern Lights contains several shades that I wouldn't normally use, but the interesting thing about LMdB Kaleidoscopes is the colors play together well! I love the look you did with it! That purple is definitely more wearable on than swatched!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it is wonderful to have a fellow makeup addict as your neighbor, I can't wait to get my hands on Ruby's Chanel and Tom Ford quad to play with! Yup somehow the colour mesh together well, lmdb makes great shadows.

      Delete
  6. hi Jacq,
    You look great and always love your picture-tutorial !
    I seem never see this Kaleidoscope Eye Kit sold in SG, is this only can get it online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you can only get Le Metier de Beaute online dear, Nordstrom or Zuneta.

      Delete
  7. Hi yeah, same question like Chia Me..is there any store selling this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elrica you can't get this here though, you will have to get it at Nordstrom or Zuneta.

      Delete
  8. Ouch, expensive indeed. But really great for on the go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup my dear so before buying it, one must really love the colours. I would go for colours that are easy to work with.

      Delete
  9. it is an interesting combination of colors but they look really nice on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caise, I wouldn't have picked up this palette myself but I really like how the colours come together.

      Delete
  10. Hello Jacq!
    I like LMDB eyeshadow kit but I find the shades in this kit are too cool for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meryl, for me it was the pastel blue shade, it just isn't me shade but I love how it turned out when blended together.

      Delete
  11. I loved this look on you, and I thought the color combination looked great for your coloring. :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.