Friday, March 29, 2013

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rose Gold and Orchid swatches and review


I heard about new Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks been released and I after I saw the pretty colours I knew I had to get them. There were originally only 9 shades available and they were mostly the darker colours. This year Laura Mercier came up with new colours and thankfully there were more lighter shades. So now there are a total of 17 shades.

The new ones being:
Pink Opal
Grey Pearl
Rose Gold
Mint Snow
Sand Glow
Sugar Frost
Orchid
Seashell
Sterling

I chose Orchid and Rose Gold because I wanted them as washes of lid colour.






Orchid is a pretty lilac colour that is dark enough to use as a wash of colour and still be visible on its own.




Rose Gold on the other hand disappears onto my lids and is barely visible as a sheer gold shade. I use as a base of my neutrals because Caviar Sticks actually last on my oil lids without smudging. I'm not sure about the darker Caviar Sticks though.



Here I added MAC Green Brown pigment on top of Rose Gold for a more complex look.



Orchid gives me a pink lilac pearl finish that is more visible to the eye. For a very simple look I just add on my liquid liner for a bit more oomph.

Caviar Sticks are easy to blend. I love using my fingers to blend. They are fast drying but there is still time to blend them out to your satisfaction before they set. They do slightly smudge at the end of the day but because I chose the lighter shades, they aren't that obvious.

I love that they are pen like which makes they easy to tote around.

These sell for USD $24. They sell for SGD $39 which is hell of a markup. With shipping I only paid SGD $33 each.



Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks are fantastic for lazy girls who do not want the hassle of applying too many colours onto their eyes. They also make great eye bases. You don't need any tools to apply them either. They work wonderfully with fingers.

I'm definitely going to try out one of the darker colours perhaps in Jungle or Smoke to see if they smudge badly.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

11 comments:

  1. Oowh that Orchid is calling my name! So girly and pretty ;) I had no luck with stick foundation as it always smudge on me at the end of the day. But I agree with you that if I choose a lighter color, it won't look so obvious.

    Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving the Caviar Sticks y dear, I want some more!

      Delete
  2. I'm really liking these new colours as the normal line up was a bit dark, I bought the Orchid as a gift for someone but am now eyeing up some for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have you to thank for introducing these to me. I saw your review of the Caviar Stick in Gold and had to try them for myself. I was also put off by the darker shades so the new line up is totally wonderful. I am eyeing Sand Glow and Pearl Grey too. Now I want Smoke to try out too. Oh dear! My want list of Caviar Sticks is getting longer.

      Delete
  3. The cavier sticks looks good, I should go check them out soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh you have Orchid--I am DYING to get this shade next! I wasn't 100% sure on Rosegold but it looks so pretty swatched next to Orchid that maybe I will get them both to pair together. I also want Sand Glow. Argghh--too many pretties!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Sak's fifth is having free shipping to my country right now and I have been opening and closing that site for so many times today. I have Sad Glow, Smoke in my shopping cart and I'm thinking of picking up either Pearl Grey, Khaki or Jungle too. It's killing me! Considering I have already ordered another batch of things from Sak's I am wondering should I or not. What do you say?

      Delete
  5. I think the swatches look really good! I might give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try one my dear, you will love it.

      Delete
  6. Hey Jacqueline, I'm so glad to hear your experience with these is positive! I haven't tried my Sandglow yet, but I will soon! If it works well I definitely have others on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.