Sunday, March 3, 2013

Clio Waterproof Twisturn Turnliner and Clio Gelpresso Waterproof Geliner swatches and review

I had these two items in my drawer for about over two months now and I am finally getting around to review this.

In a fit of exasperation over smudgy eyes I decided to try these out while I was wondering around Watson. I had the Clio Gelpresso in Jade Green which worked pretty well so I thought I would try the black version this time. I also saw the range of liquid liners and thought I would try it to see how  good it was.  




As the product says, I basically need to twist it for the product to flow out. The product flows out easily. The tip is fine yet firm so it is easy to line my eyes with this.




The disappointing part is the pigment. I thought I bought a black liner instead it is a dark grey/black with gold shimmer. The pigmentation isn't very opaque and takes a few times of going over it before it becomes a satisfying opaque liner.

It did not last on my teary eyes. The inner corner where I applied my eye liner disappeared after a bout of yawning and tearing. The rest also faded a little after a few hours.

I think I paid over $20 for this. 

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks






The Gelpresso is somewhat better. It is a creamy black with tiny gold shimmer the glides smoothly on my lids. 

Since they are creamy, it is always best to leave it to set for a while.
  


These smudged after a vigorous rubbing.


They faded more after being doused with saline solution and rubbing.

I have below comparison swatches of the Three eye liner on the left and the Gelpresso on the right. Both creamy and opaque. But as you can see the Gelpresso smudges much more than the Three eye liner after rubbing.



The Gelpresso goes for less than $20. For ladies who have no oily eye lid issues or teary eyes. Lucky you! I think this would be a great eye pencil to own. But for ladies like me, sigh, I have to just keep on looking.

Ratings: 2+ lipstick

In the next post, I'll be pitting this fellow and others among the branded eye liners. Let's see how they measure up against each other.


I'm not showing enough my Clio products as much as my others so if anyone doesn't mind used products, the first person who comments can I have these. I hope they get a more loving home. I'm such a bad owner!

18 comments:

  1. I have the pencil gel liner in brown and sadly it smudges on me. My lids aren't always oily but when it gets oily, seems like no eyeliner works on me too.

    Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl dear would you like to have these to try?

      Delete
  2. I have yet to try after hearing so much abt these. I do have teary eyes esp when I line my waterline and only able to do it on my upper lashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenelle, I have the exact problem. It is so troublesome.

      Delete
  3. oh noo that's too bad that this eyeliner didn't work for you.. it looks difficult to apply though..

    I finally found my favorite eyeliner which doesn't smudge on me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which eyeliner is it? Please share Caise.

      Delete
  4. Probably you can try Solone Smoody pencils! It last thru out the day on my oily lids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recc Jolene. I have not heard of these and I just checked them out online. Looks interesting, can I find this in Singapore?

      Delete
    2. Yes. U can get them from their showroom at AMK or any of their authorized reseller. Thou It was much cheaper at about 25% discount at Beauty Asia 2013.
      http://www.solone.com.sg/contact-us.html

      actually I learned about this from Sophia's blog!
      http://retailtherapy.onsugar.com/search/Solone

      It's really gd! Do try !

      Delete
  5. NARS larger than life. it is amazing! http://www.narscosmetics.eu/color/eyes/eyeliners/~/larger-than-life-long-wear-eyeliner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caise, I'm going to check this one out the moment I am free to go the the NARS counter.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to post a review soon:) I've been using it for over two months and I still like it:)

      Delete
  6. Aww too bad to see the Twisturn lacks pigment! I know Clio has some great products, but perhaps not everything is 100% amazing. Thanks for letting me know already, Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Sunny. If you don't have oily lids like mine, the Gelpresson eye liners are worth checking out.

      Delete
  7. Jac, thanks for this!
    I've been trying to look for the HG black eyeliner that last long on my oily eyelids too.
    And actually, considering to try this as well..luckily i read this post and I could use the $$ for trying some other brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elrica, yup try something else. So what are you eyeing on now that Clio is not something you will get?

      Delete
  8. try Etude House Proof 10 Eyeliner Pencil

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.