Sunday, March 24, 2013

Beauty Blogger Tag: 32 things You didn't know about me


Hi everyone! This is an impromptu post. Dear Joy from Look Nook Hook tagged me to do this. Honestly I've not done one because I'm not sure if any of you would want to read it but here goes. 

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It’s naturally straight but I have very unruly and thick hair. I hated it until my hairdresser finally convinced me to do a soft rebond. Now its manageable and I don't have to fuss over it.
2. What’s your natural hair colour?
It is a dark brown.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I haven't dyed my hair for a couple of years. I kinda like it as it is.
4. Do you wear the same style every day or do you change it?
It is always the same unless it gets really hot, then I tie it up. I am very resistant to changing my hair style.
5. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I haven't done a mani or pedi for more than a year now. I haven't had time to go to a salon! The closest is the stick on nail polishes and I save those for special occasions.
6. How often do you change your nail polish?
I don't.
7. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
Nope.
8. How long does it take for you to put on your makeup?
It takes me about 20 minutes to put on my makeup but I love taking my time if I can afford to. Longest time taken is about an hour.
9. What do you do first, face or eyes?
Face first, I tried doing my eye makeup first but it just didn't feel natural for me.
10. Do you “collect” makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Ha ha that's easy, I collect. I'm not called a hoarder for nothing. And I have a weakness for luxurious brands. I'm a makeup snob!
11. How often do you wear false eye lashes?
On weekends if I have the time and Friday date nights with my DH. I love the natural ones best because they enhance the eye. I don't like the really obvious ones though because they look just plain scary. 
12. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
Yes I do on most work days.
13. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone, or with family?
I don't wear makeup when I'm at home alone.
14. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes I do, when I'm going to a nearby supermarket to get groceries or when I know I'm going to be sweating a lot. But when I go to town area I feel funny without my makeup on.
15. How many high-end products do you have?
Quite a few
16. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I do, I rummage through my clothes and plan out what I want to wear in advance. I cannot afford to think about what I want to wear on the day itself, no time! I also like to plan what makeup item I want to use for that day, be it an eye palette, blush or lipstick and I work my look around it.
17. How often do you change your handbag?
currently have 3 bags. My green bag I use for work. My grey shoulder bag I bought from Zara for my casual days and finally my coral handbag I save for special occasions.
18. What time do you get up and go to sleep?
I am in bed by 9.30 in the night but I mess around with my iPad and only sleep at around 10.30. I wake up at 5.30 in the mornings.
19. How often or when do you work out?
Almost everyday. I jog on Monday evenings, practice my pole and dance throughout the week int eh evenings too. I rest on Fridays and have a 3 hour dance cum pole session on Saturdays.
20. Left handed or right-handed?
Right handed.
21. How tall are you?
Very short! 1.57 cm.
22. Do you speak a foreign language? 
Nope I can't even speak Mandarin well, so embarrassing.
23. How many pets do you have?
I had dogs, a cat, hamsters, a rabbit and fish before but currently I'm petless. 
24. How often are you on Blogger (or your other blog platform)?
Everyday.
25. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
I do.
26. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts? 
I do have a mental want list which changes constantly.
27. How did you come up with your blog name? 
I was thinking bout how I hoard my makeup and that is how I came up with it.
28. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
A Panasonic Lumix.
29. How often do you clean your house? 
I'm a very bad housewife, I don't clean! I get a cleaner to come in once a week. My flat is very untidy and messy.
30. What is your favourite colour?
Yellow.
31. Do you swear?
Yes, everyday.
32. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I'm going to the Botanic Gardens to watch the Thomson Big Band. I love swing music.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, we have a no. of things in common! Our DSs are about the same age (my DS1 is 1 yr younger than yours) and I'm 2 yrs your junior (if I'm not wrong). Now I know we're about the same height (I'm 158cm) and yellow is also my favourite colour! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi five my dear! Is your boy in P2 now? Mine is in P3, they grow up so fast. I just love yellow, I love how happy and sunny it is.

      Delete
  2. I love these tags, I love getting to know my favorite bloggers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading it:)
    I have been studying Mandarin for 4 years but let's say.. it's not my favorite language

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, you see as a Chinese I'm expected to know Mandarin very well. But growing up at home I only got to use it with my Grandfather and he was not one of the most patient teachers. So it was and still is very difficult for me. Unfortunately now my son is having the same problem and he struggles with it.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.