Monday, February 11, 2013

Lancome Le Lipstique in Inspire Review and Swatches




I needed a coral lip liner for all my sheer coral lipsticks. I wanted to bring out the coral/orange of my lipsticks more. I like my Chanel lip liner, I did not feel that it was soft and creamy enough. I wanted to try another lip pencil from another brand.

(Taken from Lancome website)


This creamy-soft, waterproof pencil with a built-in brush that defines and contours lips with rich, sumptuous color. The comfortable, smudge-resistant formula glides on effortlessly and prevents lipstick from feathering and bleeding, for a look that’s always fresh. Wear alone or under your favorite Lancôme Lip Color.


Le Listique comes in 18 shades.


Brown-Neutrals
- Ideal (nude skin tone peach)
- Sheer Natural (soft muted peachy brown)
- Bronzelle (soft neutral peach beige)
- Amandelle (soft toffee brown)
- Sheer chocolate (sheer rich brown)


Pink-Berries
- Sundried Berry (bright cranberry)
- Sheer Raspberry (dusty pink)
Charme ( nude peachy pink)
- Fraichelle (dusty rosy peach)
- Mars (Pearl muted rosy raisin)
- Portelle (muted brown plum)
- Natural Mauve (nude skin tone pink)
- Rasinberry (deep rosy raisin)
- Mauvelle (Matte plum)


Red-Corals
- Inspire (pinky golden coral)
- Spiced Apple (matte burnt red)
- Sheer Plum (sheer rosy plum)
- Rougelle (matt red)





Le Listique is about 16cm long. It has a brush end.





Inspire has golden shimmer. I would have preferred it to be without shimmer but it is so pretty swatched. It is very soft and creamy. It is pigmented and glides beautifully on my lips without tugging and pulling. Love!


Inspire under Berry Bold juicy tube
Inspire on its own

I tried Inspire as a lipstick. Although it is soft and creamy for a lip pencil, I don't think this will work as a lipstick I will wear for the entire day. It can be too drying. My lips have been spoiled by all the moisturising lipsticks I have been using. After removal, my lips felt dry and I had to use my balm to moisturise my lips.

Inspire with Berry Bold Juicy Tube

But look at how lovely it is over a lip gloss. It is so pretty. I guess this is something I would wear if I know I'll be out for just a few hours.


It costs USD$24.20 as compared to Chanel's at USD$29. I also love the wider shade range as compared to 8 shades from Chanel.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. Uh, the drying part is the not-so-attractive thing about many lip liners. I would prefer to go-shimmer-free too, but LOOK AT THAT THING ON YOU!!! Too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here I prefer shimmer free lip liner, I don't really like the lip liner interfering with the colour of the lipstick.

      Delete
  2. I love the way it looks with the Juicy Tube :) Such a pretty shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovehappy, I prefer lipsticks to glosses myself. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.