Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year!




Dear readers I wish you all a Happy Chinese New Year. This is Day 2 of the Chinese New Year and I finally get to settle down at home to write a post after the two days of visiting.

Here I some pictures I took at Chinatown a couple of weeks ago. My family and I do not like crowds so we tend to stay away from crowded areas. We wanted to get DS a traditional costume so we decided to visit way before the crowds got too maddening at Chinatown.



This is the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple we happened upon on our trip.



The Chinese New Year is full of feasting. I feel full thinking about the amount of food I have consumed in the last few days. 

On Saturday we had our reunion dinner. Since we had to visit both my in-laws place and my mom's we decided to have lunch at my place with my in-laws and then dinner at mom's.

Traditionally the Chinese like having steamboat. It is a hot pot with broth which we put uncooked food to boil and eat. We decided to add a little twist by having chocolate fondue too.


Dinner at my mom's place is usually filled with spicy curries and chilli.

On the first day of the Chinese New Year which was Sunday, we went visiting. First to my in-laws, followed by my DH's two aunts and then to my mom's. The rest of the day was hosting our friends at home.



DS was being so cheeky, he photobombed every one of my pictures.


What I wore:

Base:
Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer
Chanel Perfetion Lumiere
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder

Cheeks:
Danniel Sandler Water Colour Blush So Pretty
Chanel Joues Contraste Tea Rose
Dior Bronzer Zenith
Laura Mercier highlighter Rose Rendezvous

Eyes:
NARS smudgeproof primer
Chanel duo Sable Emouvant
Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Apparence and Ebloui
Make Up For Ever Holodiam powder No. 302
random false lashes

Lips:
Burberry lip liner Brick Red
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet La Fascinante

I hope you had a great Chinese New Year like we did. May you have a prosperous year of the Snake ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Chinese New Year!
    your dress is so beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caise, this dress is called cheongsam, actually it is a modern take on a traditional cheongsam.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy CNY to u Jacq!
    Anyway your red lips looks so good and I love your dress too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meryl! Happy Chinese New Year! I can't wait to meet up with you again!

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.