Thursday, February 21, 2013

Guerlain Rouge G Gala swatches and review




I had a chat with Paris from My Women Stuff quite some time back  and inevitably we chatted about our love for red lipsticks. She was talking about how good the Guerlain Rouge G lipsticks especially Garconne was that I had to check them out for myself. I swatched both Garconne and Gala at the DFS and felt that perhaps Gala was more suitable for me.





The lipstick casing for the Rouge G just spells luxury. It is hefty and though a finger print magnet, is a sight to behold when you whip it out for a touch up.


Top: Two swipes Bottom: One swipe


The Rouge G formula is everything I hoped it would be. Creamy with just the right mount of slip. Moisturising as well. I couldn't be happier.

Gala is a blue based red.




It is a costly lipstick because of the packaging but that adds to the allure of it. My advice is to get one at the DFS, that way the pinch you feel isn't as painful.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

14 comments:

  1. I have this in the shade Avarice and it's perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco, thanks for leaving me a comment. I just checked out Avarice, what a pretty colour.

      Delete
  2. I bought Rouge G l'Extrait during the Tangs sale and man, i was indeed expensive! But the casing is really interesting, the SA had to give me a step by step instruction how to open it. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, imagine instructions just to open a lipstick, no wonder it is so expensive ;) which shade did you buy?

      Delete
    2. I got M27 luxure. I am addicted to buying bright shades lately!

      Delete
  3. Ugh on more Rouge G on my wish list!!! I recently organized my makeup and realized I own about 5 of these. It's probably more than any other formula I own, which tells you how much I looooove them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a stunning shade of red on you! It might be blue-based but it doesn't look too strongly blue, if that makes sense. It looks really wearable and even I find myself wanting it, though I NEVER wear lipstick, let alone a red :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca :) we are opposites, I'm the kind that stays away from lip gloss.

      Delete
  5. This red looks amazing on you Jacqueline, happy cny btw! x

    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacq, u must bring me red lipstick shopping one day! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.