Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Burberry Lip Velvet No. 306 Pink Amber Swatches and Reviews



There is something sophisticated about a matte lipstick. I love them and am glad that beauty brands are coming up with hybrids or better formulas that don't feel drying.

I am a big fan of Burberry lipsticks. I love all three formulas, Lip Covers, Lip Mists and the latest range Lip Velvets. I won two already. Pink Azalea and Fuchsia Pink. If you like opaque lipsticks with omph please check them out.

My advice for those who want to try matte lipsticks is to go for the brighter bolder colours. I just find nude matte lips to look quite unappealing on me. I'm not sure about the rest but I just find bold colours rock in matte formulas.



Pink Amber is a face brightening pink that leans of the warm side. My kinda pink. I love it because it just looks fresh on me.




Face:
Burberry Fresh Glow
Burberry Velvet Foundation
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder

Cheeks:
Burberry Light Glow in Rose

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Suqqu palette EX-10 Hikarikonayuki
Three eye pencil (to be revealed and reviewed soon)
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Waterproof mascara
Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara

Lips:
Burberry Lip Liner in Dusty Rose
Burberry Lip Velvet in Pink Amber







I gladly pay SGD$43 over and over again for a great lipstick. There is something about a luxe lipstick that makes the applying for it feel so pampering and luxurious. 

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this shade and I think it looks amazing on you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pink amber on you :)
    I agree with you on matte lipstick; as much as I love nude color, but for matte lipstick I'd for for a slightly brighter color. Otherwise it would look flat.

    Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meryl so do you have a lip velvet? Which is your fav matte lipstick.

      Delete
  3. Believe it or not, I have yet to purchase any of these lip velvets. None of the colours are calling out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink Amber is so cute! I got a mini Antique Pink as GWP last week. Think I'll give it a proper go this Saturday when I go to my bestie's birthday party! Can't wait! That miniature thing is SO cute it breaks my heart LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.