Thursday, January 24, 2013

YSL 2012 Holiday Collection: Boreal Palette Arctic Night Swatches and Reviews


I know this post is way out dated but that is sometimes that trouble with blogging. My posts are not catching up to my shopping and acquisitions. I have this with me for close to a month now and I am not sure whether you can still find this palette. But if you can and you love blues, you need to hunt this down quick.

I own one other Pure Chromatic which is the No. 8. I like the formula enough to buy another  palette especially when there are stunning blues involved. I saw Arctic Night in some of my favourite blogs namely Zibbie Ko and The Make-up Blogette. I was deeply attracted to the deep blue and complex burgundy shade. When I couldn't find it at the airport during my Bali trip I decided to head down to Tangs Orchard to get it before they were sold out.




The palette comes in a pretty sequin pouch that flashes silver and blue.



The gold casing attracts a lot of finger prints and I notice that once in a while I need to use a cloth to give it a good rub because the gold casing looks a little dirty after a while.



The burgundy colour on the top left is a duo chrome shade that flashes deep blue at certain angles. It is gorgeous when layered over the deep blue. The icy pale blue / white has light blue sparkles.

Dry swatch

Wet swatch
 

Chromatics eye shadows are impressive when they are used wet. The dark colours are sheerer when used dry.

Here is a look I did with the palette using all the colours.


Bright blue used wet on the inner corners and blending out
Dark blue used wet from the outer corners blending in
Burgundy shade used dry on the crease area
Blend the burgundy so that there isn't a crisp line
Add the icy white shade on brow bone and blend with the rest of the colours. And tight line using a black liner.
Line the bottom lash line with a dark blue pencil and the inner corners with a pearly white. Curl lashes and add mascara, loads of it.
Tada!




Face:
Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer
Burberry Sheer Foundation
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder

Cheeks:
Burberry Light Glow in Cameo

Eyes:
NARS Smudeproof Eyeshadow Base
YSL Arctic Night Palette
Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Noir Intense
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils in Deviant and Yeyo
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Waterproof mascara
Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara

Lips:
Stila Lip Liner
Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick Asasuou

I bought a top hat thingy to wear for a friend's wedding. DH said that I should wear a proper hat so I bought a cute red hat. Since I don't really have a chance to wear this one I thought I would goof off with it.



SGD $88. It is a worth it palette for me just because of the deep blue and burgundy shade. I experience minimal smudging and fading. I am kicking myself for not making use of the Feel Unique 20% discount to get this palette when I had the chance.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

19 comments:

  1. I love how blue looks on you and the top hat thingy? It's looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, thanks Ruby. Sigh wasted my money buying that top hat, I don't have a good reason to use it.

      Delete
  2. so pretty! I have a highlighter from this collection :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, I was very tempted to get it too but I have too many highlighters so I resisted. How do you like it?

      Delete
  3. Yeap, you look good in blues. Pity that deep blue doesn't work on me. I like the burgundy shade. And that little hat is so cute and sexy at the same time! Can imagine you dancing while wearing it! ;)
    Btw, does your YSL n8 palette come with a pouch? None of my YSL palettes do.
    On a side note, will you be going to the Beauty Asia Fair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonno. My mistake my dear, it does not come with a black pouch. I will need to edit my post, thank for asking me about it. Not sure if the Beauty Asia Fair is worth going to. What brands will they feature?

      Delete
  4. HOLD THE PHONE! The blues look SO good on you!!! I have a bit of a blue phobia, but seeing you pull the shades off SO beautifully makes me want to try! The top hat is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, I use to feel the same way but the right blue can actually look really good. Try it out.

      Delete
  5. Hey Jacq, the eyelook you created is STUNNING! So sexy and sultry, the combination of blue and brown is just nice nice nice! Btw I love your hat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw... Thanks Meryl. I'm very happy with how the colours turned out. I live this palettes.

      Delete
  6. Hey! I like your sweet blog and your beautiful pictures! maybe we can follow each other?
    Kiss Kyra

    www.kyras.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across your blog from someone else's comment section -- this is a beautiful look! I find it hard to wear colour and this makes me want to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving me a comment dear. Makeup is just that makeup, have fun with it and experiment you never know if you will like it. I use to stay away from red lipsticks but now I'm a red lip addict. :)

      Delete
  8. This is the one palette I've been wanting to get, but it sold out by the time I have time to head down to TANGS! =( The blue hues are so irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, what a bummer! No worries though, there is always bound to be another fantastic blue waiting to be released. I am attracted to blues too.

      Delete
  9. Jac, i love this brighter eye combo on you! Something different from the usual looks that you do. It is quite drama, but i think you pulled it off really well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I should follow you and do more bright looks. :) You should have seen my classmates faces when I wore it to my pole class. Hehe.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.