Friday, January 18, 2013

Suqqu Eye Shadow Brush L Review


This is by far the most I have ever paid for an eye shadow brush. I just had to have a Suqqu brush to see what the fuss was about. I wasn't going to spend it on the face brush because it was way past what I would have allowed myself to pay so I decided to get an eye shadow brush instead. I had my heart set on the Eye Shadow Brush F but the Bangkok counter did not have stocks of this so I settled on L instead.

Regular price for this pretty baby is THB 3650. I was able to get this for about SGD $121 because of the 10% Isetan discount and 7% VAT. Please buy this from Selfridges instead because it only cost 48 pounds. I paid a good SGD$20 extra for the mark up.


This brush are made from grey squirrel hair. (I can't seem to find this information from Suqqu website but the various blogs I visited mentioned it)

See Front Row Beauty's post about this brush here.

This baby is as soft a kitten's paws and feels like petals kissing your lids when you use it. It is that good. I always get a even sheer veil of colour with any kind of shadows I use. After wash it does not shed and keeps its shape.

The handle is shorter than my MAC brushes and I believe is made from lacquered wood.


Side view
This is one brush I am glad to own in my arsenal. It is just a joy to use and it gives great results every time. I love everything about it except for the price.

I am definitely going to get my hands on the F brush one of these days.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks (just because it is so expensive)

15 comments:

  1. This brush sounds like a dream! I've yet to take a splurge on Suqqu but I know one of these days I will :D Hopefully in 2013! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a wonderful brush, I will probably get more slowly but surely. Hehe I meant to post this somewhere in January but made a mistake with the date of the post. So embarrassing!

      Delete
  2. hello beautiful!
    i have heard alot of reviews and blogs abt this brush too. and that price is just insane! and would definetly be a very good brush quality! hopefully singapore do have these as well ; /!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blush! Aw Alan you are too kind and flattery will get you everywhere;) I just can't helped being sucked in by all things luxurious. Deep in my heart I still wonder if it is actually worth the price but my irrational self is telling me to close two eyes and just enjoy. I wish Suqqu would set up shop here but I hope the mark ups would not be so high. I just hate having to pay more for makeup. You know Alan I'm dying to try to lip maestros, I can't wait to see them IRL. It gives me the best excuse to go visit you.

      Delete
  3. oh I think my comment has just disapeared..

    so I will write it again..

    this brush is so pricey so I am glad you like it!

    and TF lipstick - it is my toy:) I bought it for the packaging and for TOM FOR (I've always wanted to try TF products) [I just realized it doesn't say anything good about me;/ but yay we all are makeup junkies). Its quality is very good but I'd compare it to DIOR lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The price is insane! You can buy a whole set of brushes for that price! Glad that it functions well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hides face, I know but I can't help myself, I am a sucker for things that claim to be luxe.

      Delete
  5. Yay we got the same brush Jacq!I don't know whether I prefer TF or Suqqu brushes.. Both are very nice but also expensive :p

    Meryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacqueline, did you notice the Suqqu counter selling the cheek brush? Did you notice the price? Thanks =)
    I'm dying to get the Suqqu cheek brush but the heavy mark up is turning me off.
    I'm gg to Bangkok in March and rarely get to travel overseas so I'm thinking of gg to Isetan to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have seen it but dear it is very highly marked up. Most Suqqu product are highly marked up in Bangkok in the range of more than $20. It is definitely more that $110 but I'm not sure exactly how much. Have you tried to order online from Selfridges. It is definitely much cheaper there but again I've not ordered online from them so not sure how much shipping would cost.

      Delete
  7. Hi Jacquelline, thank you for the kind advice =) I guess Suqqu brushes have to continue staying on my wish list haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linn, have you tried Hakuhodo brushes? They are equally good.

      Delete
  8. So excited to see this post Jacq! I got the Suqqu M brush a few months ago and am absolutely loving it! Its magical really... perfect application everytime and so so soft. I laughed when I read your "petals kissing eyelids" description but that is so true. I've noticed my super sensitive eyes are less teary in the morning ever since I started using this brush so to me this is definitely worth the price!!

    I purchased my brush from Ichibankao and paid AUD100 which is similar to how much you paid. The mark up compared to Selfridges is very heartbreaking but I found that once you add in shipping costs, Selfridges comes up to just under the amount Ichibankao charges. Plus there is alot more faffing about with ordering from Selfridges. So unless you have a good friend in the UK or you're hauling massively then it doesn't seem much cheaper overall.

    I'm seriously tempted to get the L brush now. Do you use it mainly as an all over - laydown brush or for blending? How do you find the size? I worry that it might be too big for Asian eyes.

    x
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwen, I intend to eventually get all the eye brushes if I can help it ;) I use the L as an all over lid brush, it gives me the nicest wash of colour ever. I don't find it too big for my eyes. I'll probably try getting from Selfridges and then Ichibankao to compare. Knowing me, I can never just order one item from Selfridges.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.