Friday, January 4, 2013

Make Up Store Brush Cleaning Soap review

(Image taken from Make Up Store website)
I first found out about this soap through Sophia from the make-up blogette She did such an amazing review about it that I had to buy it and try for myself. I have been using the MAC brush cleanser and the Daiso cleaner. I was worried about the chemical content in them ruining my precious Hakuhodo brushes so have been using my shampoo. Somehow though, the shampoos do not do a good job getting rid of the foundation from my foundation brushes.




This is how I wash my brushes with the soap. I wet my brushes and then swirl it around my soap. When th brush is soapy I rub the brush gently on the palm of my hands to get rid of the gunk then rinse off with water. Then my brush is squeaky clean. When they are dry they feel soft and smell fresh.




The only thing I don't like is how gross the soap looks after being used for a session of washing. I usually just give the soap a rinse the get rid of the surface gunk.

This soap sells for SGD $21 which I think is quite affordable. I have used this to clean my brushes for over two months now. My brushes have remained in good condition throughout.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try this out since everyone is raving about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this sounds great! a solid bar soap just for makeup brushes ;)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vicky, thanks for dropping by. I love this soap, it is so much gentler than the MAC brush cleaner I have been using.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.