Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hakuhodo brushes J214R ad J220G reviews


You know how sometimes you order stuff on the fly and when it comes to you, you go "Huh? What was I thinking?"

Ruby from Miaka's Life and Loves ordered stuff from Hakuhodo and I decided to ride on her order. (Thanks Ruby!) I knew I wanted some eye brushes to replace my old MAC 213 fluff brush. I don't know what I was thinking when I browsed through the Hakuhodo website. I was derailed by the synthetic brushes and perhaps I was thinking about getting some brushes to use with my cream shadows. I ended up with these two.




(Information taken from Hakuhodo website)

The bristles are resilient and create great color. This roundish brush head is also ideal for highlighter or eye shadow base. Synthetic fibers extend slightly further than the goat hair, this specification means that the bristles have more spring and it enables them to pick up just the right amount of product. This helps create a smooth finish to your makeup, while also helping it last even longer. Also ideal for applying glittery powder.

This cost USD $27. I was thinking about how to use this brush and I found that it blends my Chanel Illusion d'Ombres so well. It is soft and firm and does a beautiful job laying a sheer layer of my cream shadows on my lids.






(Information taken from Hakuhodo website)

The bristles are made from a mix of goat and synthetic fiber and provide moderate to full coverage which also works well for frosty makeup. This brush can be used for all types of products - liquid or cream base makeup and even powder.

This costs USD $23. This was suppose to replace my MAC 213 fluff brush but I realise that the brush head is too big. I used this to apply all over lid colours on my eyes.





I love my new Hakuhodo brushes. They are well made and oh so soft. I don't believe you need to buy the really expensive ones unless you want to give yourself a treat, the mid range ones are value of money, investment pieces. I can use these without treating them like they are made of glass.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

11 comments:

  1. Ooh! I've been wanting to try a Hakuhodo brush for so long! I hear they are as soft as kitten paws :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very soft and of great quality. I suggest you try one of the mid range face brushes, they are fairy reasonable and feel so wonderful on the face.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new acquisitions! I'm surprised that highlight brush J214R works well as an eyeshadow brush.

    I am looking into getting some J series brushes for myself. Read that they are good for both cream/liquid and powder products. Just to share in case you don't already know, this lady has an awesome collection of both Hakuhodo and Koyudo brushes: http://sweetmakeuptemptations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out her website,mwhat a useful resource, thanks babe. Thanks for reminding me about using the 214 as a highlighter, I totally forgot about it.

      Delete
  3. Love love!
    I think I should have ordered few brushes with Ruby after seeing your new brushes.. I want to try Hakuhodo :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, you have some awesome brushes, I'm lusting over your TF brush.

      Delete
    2. Babes, there's always chances for us to order again. Lol.

      Delete
  4. Hakuhodo have really wonderful brushes. There's always room for more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lobang ;) sweetie. There is always room for good quality brushes.

      Delete
  5. Great photos, chica! These brushes look deliciously soft.
    Gahhh. As you know, I often browse Hakuhodo's website and drool over their glorious brushes. The latest thing to catch my eye is their zip-up brush case. I'm hesitant to make an order because of the S&H cost. (Well, and the cost of the product too!) The bottom line: I don't blame you for jumping on Ruby's order. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.