Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Serum and Even Better Dark Spot Corrector Review



After attending the Clinique Christmas workshop way back in November I was very curious about the two serums I tested. During December, there was a Nordstrom Clinique GWP and I decided to take advantage of that to try out the Repairwear Laser Focus Serum and the Even Better Dark Spot Corrector.



Clinique 'Repairwear Laser Focus' Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector (30 ml USD $47.50)

(Information taken from Nordstrom website)

Potent serum gives skin a second chance against lines, wrinkles and sun damage. In 4 weeks, see obvious reduction in lines and wrinkles, improved texture. At 12 weeks, the visible wrinkle-reducing power is remarkably close to a dermatological laser procedure. 63%, to be exact. Different commitment, different results. And yet impressive results, guaranteed.



Clinique 'Even Better' Clinical Dark Spot Corrector (30 ml USD $49.50)

Clinical trials this serum was comparable to a leading prescription ingredient in visibly reducing dark spots with a verified 58% improvement at 12 weeks. All skin tones started seeing results at four weeks and even traces of acne past improved. For all ethnicities.

How to use: Apply twice a day after 3-Step Skin Care System. Never forget the sunscreen. Results are guaranteed.

My Clinique arsenal
I use the dark spot corrector followed by the repairwear serum.

These two serums are very light weight and easily absorbed by the skin. They are unscented. They give me a lovely velvety feel after I apply these two.  I do see that my skin is slightly lighter and is going back to its normal colouring after my December sun activities but I have not seen my darkest sun spots fading. And I have been using this for more than a month.

So far my skin has not been acting up except for my oilies which I find hard to control and the occasional pimple.

This is my current list of skincare items I use.


From left to right:
1) Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus eye cream
2) Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus serum
3) Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector
4) Clinique Clarifying Lotion No. 3
5) Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion (Day Cream)
6) Origin's Plantscription Anti-aging cream (Night Cream)

I like how both serums feel on my face and I do feel that they do its job slowly but surely. I just don't agree with the impressive results claim.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. I tried a sample of even better dark spot corrector, it was a good size sample and lasted me for 3 weeks but it didn't work for me at all and I could feel it won't work for me even if I'd try it on for months.I am not sure why but Clinique skincare products never work for me. How do you like the Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Benish, I like the Kiehl's lotion although I'm not particularly fond of the smell of it. It is light and non greasy, suitable for my oily skin.

      Delete
  2. Hey babe, I love the picture on the bottom on this post. Glad that you feel this serum gives you a promising result, slowly but surely :) Anyway I'm interested to try Origins night cream too, I heard it's very good to moisturize our skin over night.

    Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The anti aging cream feels really good and does a good job hydrating my skin in the night I sleep in an air con room).

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.