Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chanel Holiday 2012 Illusion D'Ombre Apparence Review and Swatches



I cannot resist collecting Chanel Illusion D'Ombres and I cannot resist gold eye shadows. Apparence was something I had to buy.

SGD $52.

I will not be talking about the quality of the Illusion D'Ombres, if you want to find out more about them you can check out my previous posts about them here.

I do have to add that my Epatant which I bought in August 2011 has separated from its container about a few months ago. When I shook the container, I could feel it shifting inside. Even though that has happened, the quality of Epatant is still the same. I just have to careful when I'm taking it out to use. This separation form the glass container has only happened to my Epatant. And none of my original Illusions have dried out yet.








Apparence is a brassy pale gold shade. It has a lovely metallic shine. It is such a lovely all over lid colour on the eyes, very festive.


I used Apparence as an all over lid colour here.


Then added Ebloui on the outer corner of my eyes and blended inwards.


Finally added Clio's Waterproof Turnliner Twist Turn eye liner in Club Black (will review eventually, I am so behind on my reviews!)


Ratings: 4 lipsticks

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks very pretty! A little too expensive for me to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kerker, thanks for popping by. I am sure there are dupes around, perhaps not exact but close enough. Have you tried the Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadows, Bold Gold looks great too.

      Delete
  2. Oh girl, you're hilarious. :) I've committed to a 2 month MU spending ban in an effort to save money and to discover beauties in my collection, so I won't be indulging in new Chanel. Happy New Year! Best wishes and lots of smiles to you and your family. I've enjoyed getting to know you this year. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, you're hilarious. :) I've committed to a 2 month MU spending ban in an effort to save money and to discover beauties in my collection, so I won't be indulging in new Chanel. Happy New Year! Best wishes and lots of smiles to you and your family. I've enjoyed getting to know you this year. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Boo Boo, I know I should go on a ban but it is just hard to do. I bet you will be successful. I will however try my best to cut down on mu spending unless something really catches my eye. Me too Boo Boo, I am very glad to have 'met' you this year. Happy new year babe to you and your family.

      Delete
  4. My Ebloui has also separated from the jar, reckon it's due to overuse...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw.. Joyce, how much of it have you used?

      Delete
    2. Pretty often, compared with my other one. I daren't place it upside lest the product drops out lol

      How about yours?

      Delete
    3. Joyce I'm guilty of placing mine upside down. I've come to the point that there is so much stuff that I am not able to use my things often enough, time I cut back on buying makeup.

      Delete
  5. Pretty eotd!!! Chanel does point makeup! Happy New Year Jacqueline!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Nic Nic, Chanel does really great makeup don't they? I can't resist.

      Delete
  6. Oh yay you got this too! This one has my name written all over it. I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Sunny, I saw your post and swatches and that kinda sealed the deal for me :)

      Delete
  7. I've been back and forth as to whether to get that as wondered it it would not provide enough colour, it looks very pretty on you so I should probably just get it really! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same reservations because Vision the gold Illusion D'ombre was so sheer. Apparence I am happy to report is more opaque and gives more colour. I really am in love with the gold shade, it is easier to work with than a bright yellow gold shade.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.