Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tom Ford Eye Color Quad No. 02 Cognac Sable Swatches and Review



(Taken from Sak's website)

The centerpiece of the Tom Ford color collection. Each Eye Color Quad is designed with four opulent complementing shades that achieve multiple looks, from a bold, smokey eye, to a sexy slash of color and everything in between. Formulated with advanced color processes, the four luxurious finishes - sheer sparkle, satin, shimmer, and matte - offer a spectrum of intensity and effects and deliver incredible shade fidelity and outstanding adhesion. Two custom applicators included.


This is my very first Tom Ford eye quad. I am rubbing my hands with glee as I write this because it is such a luxurious piece of makeup.

It comes with a lovely suede like pouch and the classy dark brown metal casing which feels hefty and well made.

Left to right: Quad and blush



The eye quad is definitely much larger than the blush.








The quad comes with 3 satiny eye colours and a lovely sparkly copper shade. Most of the shades are well pigmented and have a buttery texture. The darkest brown shade is a cross between a matte and satin. It is less pigmented than the others. All blend very well and lasts on my eyes throughout the day with a primer of course. I am very pleased to have picked this quad over Golden Mink because the colours just go so well for my colouring.

I have done a simple eye look using this quad so you can see how the colours look like on my lids.


I first applied the lightest colour all over my lids. It looks like a peachy shade with hints of gold.


I used the second lightest shade closer to my lash line and blended up to my crease.


I added the dark brown on the outer corner of my eyes and slightly winged it. Then dabbed the sparkly copper shade on the middle of my lids.



Finally added my black liner and topped it off my my favourite lashes, Ardell Fashion Lashes in 108.




Base:
Giorgio Armani UV Master Primer
Chanel Perfection Lumiere
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder

Cheeks:
Guerlain Terracota Blush Sun Shimmer Highlighter Sunny Pink
 Chanel Joues Contraste Fleur de Lotus

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Tom Ford Eye Color Quad Cognac Sable
Stila Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
Ardel Fashion Lashes 108

Lips:
MAC lip liner Spice
YSL Glossy Stain Corail Fauve


My two new beauties together.


The quad sells for SGD $100, it sells for USD $75. The mark up for this is about $9 by current exchange rates so this is something you can still pick up at the counters.

For SGD$100, this is a very expensive quad. I am sure you are able to get dupes of the shades. The quality of these eye shadows are very good but I wonder if they are worth that much. Then again I am a big sucker for anything luxurious so will I buy another quad, hell yes!

You can check out Meryl's post about Cognac Sable here.

I am eyeing Joey's Golden Mink. I think this quad will be my next big Tom Ford splurge.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks (just because they are so expensive!)

10 comments:

  1. Babe thanks for the shout out! Cognag Sable is pretty but I think I would still look for Golden Mink or the other quad with the gorgeous deep green.

    xx Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one with a deep green? Oh my! Meryl you must stop tempting me!

      Delete
  2. My current favorite eyeshadow quad. and I love Golden Mink too. You look beautiful btw xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne (blush) thank you very much. I definitely want Golden Mink.

      Delete
  3. I like that you put an eye look with the review, it gives such a better perspective. I agree; these colors are very flattering on you! My recent splurge was to buy the urban decay naked basics palette...and some other stuff, to get free shipping! :) How are neutral eyeshadows so tempting?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emmy Jean I think it is because neutrals are very wearable and fool proof unlike other colours where you still need to put some thought into how to wear it. How do you like the UD basics?

      Delete
    2. I just love it! It's so understated and simple, and so compact. I've only used it a couple times so far, but it really is fool proof. I'm visiting family this week and this is the perfect travel friendly palette. I'll post swatches when I get back! :)

      Delete
    3. Hey Emmy Jean, I look forward to your swatches, I hope I'm not going to be tempted though ;)

      Delete
  4. I have yet to see any colors look terrible on you! lol...so jealous ;) These colors look great on you. The TF blush in your previous post is gorgeous on you. I love the color, but unfortunately it looks off on me so I purchased Frantic Pink. Yes it is indeed expensive, but I think it's worth it for the quality & the amount you get if it's a color you really love. Same goes for TF quads, but I've been good to avoid them since I love my Burberry eyeshadows too much :D
    x Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi, that is because I do quality control, the aweful pictures are deleted and never see the likes of day, lol. Burberry eye shadows are just heavenly, what is your fav?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.